Anyone have a time share on Carnival?

How much was it and is it for one ship or all and for 7 days or more per year? I'm interested in one and wanted some feedback.

TIA

I wasn't aware the they offered them(?):rolleyes:

Carnival does not have a "time share". I believe what you are refering to is the Carnival Vacation Club or CVC. It is an independent company run by ICE (which does run time share properties) that has purchased the use of Carnival's name and space on some of their ships.

There are 4 different levels costing you 25 cents per point. For example 14,000 points would cost you $3,500.00. And then you have 5 years to redeem those points for cruises.

While the cruises don't end up being any cheaper than you can get on-line,

most people, who do this, are willing to pay a little more for the perks of VIP Check In and Debarkation, a couple of parties, etc.

You can only purchase these packages on certain ships. And you much buy them while you are onboard. Some States here in the USA do not allow their residents to participate. Other States to not allow their residents to "rent" additional points.

Do a "CVC" search on these boards for all the pros and cons.

Wecome back from the Pride.

That is the ship we bought into the Carnival Vacation Club. Obviously you bought in also. Remember that you have 3 days to cancel. I'd start making that call NOW.

We bought ours this time last year. We are preparing to leave soon for our Destiny cruise using the Vacation Club. Remember the priority upgrades? NOT Remember all the VIP treatment, services, and private parties you'll receive? NOT (only on ships that have CVC personnel). Remember the free companion airfare? NOT (only good if you buy air through them at twice the cost you can get anywhere else) Remember how at the Silver package you could get 3 cruises? NOT (well maybe, if you really do your research and cruise when and where nobody else wants)((We'll get 1 seven day cruise and a 4 day cruise)). Remember the wonderful land resorts you could stay at for 7 days for $299? NOT (not even close) Remember you could purchase additional points if needed? NOT (not if you live in the State of Washington)

Make that call today! RUN, run as fast as you can to the telephone.

I don't think it's the same, but we have RCI, which manages our land time share, and we can trade in our week and get a discount up to 4 cabins.

Right now that savings is listed around $400/stateroom. I need to check on 3rd person (over 55 person), and if future discounts/sales apply if we book this way.

Don't think these were the type of time shares you meant, but thought i'd mention anyway :)

I haven't heard anything good about CVC.

Sadly, the biggest complaint has been that they do not deliver on the promises made. However, there are some older folks who are very flexible that are pleased with the product. If you are buying the points to do your "dream" cruises, then this is not the product for you. But if you are someone who just loves to cruise any time, any where...then you will get the best deals they offer.

Again, some "older folks" ( I always laugh when I say that since I am an "older folk") also are willing to pay a little more for VIP Check In and Debarkation.

You are correct that the posts about disappointments have far outweighed those who have been pleased with the product.

We had a group of 20. My inlaws have the CVC. our whole group was invited to the parties. I think we went to 4 pivate parties. and we were all treated very nice by the CVC members. If we needed anything special we got it. EXCEPT when it came to the last night, the guy that had been so helpful blew us off like we were beggers on the street. not sure what happened.

I wouldnt buy it personally. But I cant wait to cruise again!

Wecome back from the Pride.

That is the ship we bought into the Carnival Vacation Club. Obviously you bought in also. Remember that you have 3 days to cancel. I'd start making that call NOW.

We bought ours this time last year. We are preparing to leave soon for our Destiny cruise using the Vacation Club. Remember the priority upgrades? NOT Remember all the VIP treatment, services, and private parties you'll receive? NOT (only on ships that have CVC personnel). Remember the free companion airfare? NOT (only good if you buy air through them at twice the cost you can get anywhere else) Remember how at the Silver package you could get 3 cruises? NOT (well maybe, if you really do your research and cruise when and where nobody else wants)((We'll get 1 seven day cruise and a 4 day cruise)). Remember the wonderful land resorts you could stay at for 7 days for $299? NOT (not even close) Remember you could purchase additional points if needed? NOT (not if you live in the State of Washington)

Make that call today! RUN, run as fast as you can to the telephone.

We loved the Pride in March. Fortunately, we have never even been tempted to buy into CVC. Our first introduction was back in July on the Spirit. And at that time our Interline Discounts (as air cargo employees) was a better deal. (And with my financial analysis background, they could not convince me that I was spending 17.5 cents per dollar when I was really spending 25 cents per dollar.) On that same cruise, we ran into a group from North Carolina who these salesmen had tried to get to use a false address to sell them these packages, since North Carolina does not allow its residents to participate. That told me all I needed to know.

It is sad that with Carnival working so hard to improve its image that they would take this route that is definately not helping.

Has anyone ever trade a time share week for a cruise????:confused: I was kinda interested in this for a canadian cruise with the children... any info will be appreciated....:) :)

I remember checking out the possibilities with RCI. There were no real bargains there that I could find. I would be interested in hearing if ANYONE has ever gotten a good deal by exchanging a week for a cruise.

I would be interested in hearing if ANYONE has ever gotten a good deal by exchanging a week for a cruise.

My parents have a timeshare with Interval International and they traded in a week for our upcoming cruise in August. Because we only had a 2 week span when all of us could go, we were limited in options. I believe my mom got about $900 credit for her week, so she had the difference to pay. I guess its a good deal in the sense that they werent going to be able to use the week plus take the cruise. So the money at least was used. But we didn't get the cruise for "free" by any means!

Has anyone ever trade a time share week for a cruise????:confused: I was kinda interested in this for a canadian cruise with the children... any info will be appreciated....:) :)

As I posted above, RCI is offering a $900/cabin (or $450/per person) disc for 6E, and around same for the 8B we are looking at. With one exchange week you can book upto 4 cabins with the discount price.

We are narrowing down some things, but so far, the prices are cheaper than we've seen through TA.

Archived