Hilton Points ?

SunFunCruiser

I know some of you have used Hilton Points in Anchorage. I tried booking reward points for next year at 365 days out, which is today. They say nothing is available. Am I trying too early, or do they never give any for Anchorage?

Thanks.

I am using points at the Anchorage Hampton Inn (using Hilton points) for two nights this summer. We chose Hampton Inn over Hilton due to the free breakfast, but when I originally checked, we could have also done the Hilton.

I used my Hilton points for our upcoming June 21st stay. But here is my story. I first booked the room back in October 2005. I booked it before I went out of town for a different trip and when I returned home, the website was showing that the hotel was filled. I was glad I had booked the room though my husband kidded me for booking so early. I did not book the Hilton points at that time because I was not sure I was going to use them. Later when I visited the website, there was availablity (sorry not too sure when that was.) But I was able to change my booking and use my points as I figured out the room was going to be very close to $300.

Point being- keep trying the website. Things do change.

Good luck!

I am using points at the Anchorage Hampton Inn (using Hilton points) for two nights this summer. We chose Hampton Inn over Hilton due to the free breakfast, but when I originally checked, we could have also done the Hilton.

Do you remember when you booked them? How many points did you end up using?

I check for this May and reward stays are available. They even have the Hilton available on point stretcher rewards. So, my guess is that they come out with reward reservations at a later date. i will book something in the mean time anyway, just in case.

Thanks for all the Marriott info everyone but I only have Hilton points to use up.

I just pulled out the copies of the email from the Hampton Inn confirmation and it was dated October 18, 2005, so that must be when we booked it. It is 40,000 points a night (we are staying for 2 non-consecutive nights). If I can help in any other way, let me know.

I booked the Homewood Suites in Anchorage using Hilton Points. We opted for it because of the free breakfast and extra space for our daughter to sleep. I checked my confirmation and it was from Oct 22, 2005. When I made the reservation, the Hilton, Hampton Inn, and Homewood were all available. One thing I have noticed about the Hilton site is that availability may not show up for you on line, but it may show up for customer service. If it shows unavailable, it may be worth a phone call.

Do you remember when you booked them? How many points did you end up using?

I check for this May and reward stays are available. They even have the Hilton available on point stretcher rewards. So, my guess is that they come out with reward reservations at a later date. i will book something in the mean time anyway, just in case.

Thanks for all the Marriott info everyone but I only have Hilton points to use up.

We just returned from our cruise to Alaska where we did a pre-cruise stay at the Hilton Anchorage using Hilton Honors Points. Our reservations were for May 20-22, 2006; we reserved them on June 26, 2005. The point cost for the stay was 70,000 points. We wanted to reserve three nights but were only able to reserve two nights. This hotel is great. Right in the heart of town, close to the shopping mall. We walked to many places from the hotel. We had a room with a view of the bay and the marketplace.

thanks. I was finally able to book a standard reservation, no points yet. At least I have it for now.

How did you get to the port from there?

We rented a car from Hertz when we arrived in Anchorage so we could take some side trips. Returned the car to the airport night before we left for Whittier. Took a cab back to the hotel since we missed the city bus. Next morning we checked out of hotel and took a cab to the Alaska Railroad depot. The depot is just down the hill from the hotel. We could see it from our room. We would have walked except we had three bags and it would have been a little awkward. Cab ride was only about $3-5. The train was great ($55 per person). We left at 10:00 AM and arrived in Whittier about 12:30 PM (train had a minor delay-usual arrival time is 12:20 PM). We got off the train and walked a very short distance to the ship. We went through processing and were on the ship very quickly. I think we were about the 10th couple on board. It was fantastic!

I know some of you have used Hilton Points in Anchorage. I tried booking reward points for next year at 365 days out, which is today. They say nothing is available. Am I trying too early, or do they never give any for Anchorage?

Thanks.

Hi

We reserved three rooms last year (after our cruise was cancelled with Summit) for our upcoming cruise on June 10th. With such advanced notice had no problem except we could only do it for two nights and had to pay for our third night.

Chose Homewood after pouring over TripAdvisor advice. It has good reviews with a nice breakfast, during the week a Manager's reception and also shuttle from the airport. And it was only 30,000 points for each room for each evening.

We will debark in Vancouver and have made reservations with Hilton Honor Points for The Hampton Inn Downtown. The points for each room was 20,000 points.

Looking forward to our trip. Could give you feedback if I could give you my e-mail... not sure how that works.

Joan

Hi

We reserved three rooms last year (after our cruise was cancelled with Summit) for our upcoming cruise on June 10th. With such advanced notice had no problem except we could only do it for two nights and had to pay for our third night.

Chose Homewood after pouring over TripAdvisor advice. It has good reviews with a nice breakfast, during the week a Manager's reception and also shuttle from the airport. And it was only 30,000 points for each room for each evening.

We will debark in Vancouver and have made reservations with Hilton Honor Points for The Hampton Inn Downtown. The points for each room was 20,000 points.

Looking forward to our trip. Could give you feedback if I could give you my e-mail... not sure how that works.

Joan

Joan,

This is all great info. Exactly what I'm looking for, even in Vancouver. My cruise is around the same time as you too. I need two nights in Anchoarge before we go to Denali, then a night before the cruise, then a night or two in Vancouver after the cruise. I hope it will work out for us. When did you book your reward points? Not too many points either.

Would love to hear about your trip.

My email is Cheryl1106@aol.com.

Thanks so much!!

I have had an interesting time booking the Hilton. I have been trying for months. I made reservations for our 3 night stay one night at a time even using our Diamond status to get the third night as it was sold out (using HH points). I then checked the web site yesterday and not only our all three nights now available but the 2 nights I paid for where less expensive. So I rebooked everything. Always keep checking. Today I checked and they are sold out again. Wild

We we were at the Hilton Anchorage on May 19-22, we noticed that a LOT of tour groups use the hotel. Lots of cruisers, as well as Japanese and German tour groups. Perhaps availability changes when a tour group cancels. Just a thought.

Joan,

This is all great info. Exactly what I'm looking for, even in Vancouver. My cruise is around the same time as you too. I need two nights in Anchoarge before we go to Denali, then a night before the cruise, then a night or two in Vancouver after the cruise. I hope it will work out for us. When did you book your reward points? Not too many points either.

Would love to hear about your trip.

My email is Cheryl1106@aol.com.

Thanks so much!!

Hi

When is your trip Cheryl? We booked our reward points last year about this time.

Probably why there are opening at different times is cancellations. We had one room for one night that we had to cancel just last week.. and it opened another one for using Hilton Honor points (they only have a certain number of rooms alloted for points).

Hope all has a great trip. Cheryl my email is joansue@netzero.net

Joan

Hi

When is your trip Cheryl? We booked our reward points last year about this time.

Hope all has a great trip. Cheryl my email is joansue@netzero.net

Joan

Joan, our cruise is June 6, 2007. We hope to fly in around the 29th of May and stay two nights in Anchorage then rent an RV to see Denali. Go back to Anchorage and stay one night to meet up with the rest of our group. Cruise then stay in Vancouver two nights and Seattle two nights and fly back to Florida. We're also playing the miles game with Delta, so everything is a bit vague right now.

I'll check every day to be able to use reward mileage at any Hilton property, I'm not that fussy which one it is. I would prefer Homewood suites if possible. They aren't even taking standard reservations yet. Maybe the tour thing is why.

Thanks again. looking forward to hearing about your trip!! Have fun.

We we were at the Hilton Anchorage on May 19-22, we noticed that a LOT of tour groups use the hotel. Lots of cruisers, as well as Japanese and German tour groups. Perhaps availability changes when a tour group cancels. Just a thought.

you're probably right.

Archived