anyone else having trouble with new boards???

barbon

Hi,

Have been posting on these boards for many years. I have forgotten my password (have posted as Barbon2), and have asked to have my password forwarded to me but am getting no response. I have also noticed that my previous posts list that I have posted about 49 times, which is way off, I have made hundreds of posts. Was wondering if anyone else is having this problem. In the meantime, I re-registered using just plain Barbon.

The reason that your 49 posts are not being recognized is that the Board had to start over from April this year so you probably haven't posted since then. We are all in the same "boat" and very few have over 1000 posts to their name.

Jennie

I just haven't been able to find the little icons to put in my post.. Can someone point me to them?
  • Go to your User CP (click on the link at the top left of the page)
  • Click on Edit Options in the list on the left hand side of the User CP page
  • Go to the bottom of the page
  • In the last section, choose either the Standard or the Enhanced Interface (I recommend the Standard, myself, but others prefer the Enhanced WYSIWYG feature)
  • Click on Save changes

That should bring up Smilies to insert inside the body of the post, and post icons with which to mark the title.

I noticed the comment about the number of posts--I also saw someone who had 1,100 posts listed--can this be just from April, as someone said? I've been on since Dec. 2000 and do not post very often, but I know I have had more than 2 posts. I guess it really doesn't matter how many posts you've had, but it is too bad to loose all the "history."

I do think the new board is an improvement. It is easier to follow the threads. Also, I don't get strange, vertical blue lines and have to hit ESC before the Board comes up. I was also glad to learn about the Edit feature, which can be done even after 30 minutes has elapsed. hmh

I just noticed that I have only a few posts and have been on and off this board for years but look like a newbi. Yet some of you have hundreds. I wonder what the difference is.
What happened was that all threads started on or after 1 April 2004 got brought across to the new boards. Any thread that was started before then was not migrated, even though there might have been posts to that thread after the cut off date.

The new post count is simply the number of posts that each user had in threads that were migrated on that basis.

I think that the answer is that some people have just posted a great deal in new threads started after the end of March!

i had to also change my name and password as i could not get the site to send me what i was using i was formally kruise53 now iam deb blue, lets hope this works sometimes i donot like computers shows me how computer illerate i am but i know my cruises!!!!!!!!debblue;)

Does the board email responses to you any more? I really liked that on the old board. This one I see where you can subscribe to it, but what then?
No, at the moment the e-mail system isn't working yet. I know that Laura and the team have been working on it, but I think there are probably just some higher priority tasks like making sure that members who want to log on can do so.

But all your subscribed threads show up on your User CP if there's been activity on them since you last visited, so it's not that difficult to catch up on what's been going on.

What happened was that all threads started on or after 1 April 2004 got brought across to the new boards. Any thread that was started before then was not migrated, even though there might have been posts to that thread after the cut off date.

The new post count is simply the number of posts that each user had in threads that were migrated on that basis.

I think that the answer is that some people have just posted a great deal in new threads started after the end of March!

Thanks Globaliser. I have been some what out of touch for the past few months. Those with 1,000 or more posts must be some of the most helpful people on earth.

Archived