Dress for after dinner show?

CLM3

Do people dress for the shows or are they more relaxed? I'm thinking if we do the buffet and "dress comfy" we may be out of place at the shows.

Thanks for all the info ..... 4 more days !!!!!! :D

No, you will be just fine in your casual clothes for the after dinner shows. I actually go back and change into casual clothes after dinner on formal night. There is always a mix! Have a great time!

Even on formal nights many people will change between dinner and the show. Or stay casual all night and eat in the buffet. There is no reason to feel out of place, you won't be alone.

If you decide to dine in the dining room though, please observe the dress code.

Oh my! Am I the only one who stays 'dressed' every evening? ALL my clothes are just as comfy as the rest, and besides, I just don't like to change clothes so much....lazy Cotton.:D

Hubby and the boys always change back into their "comfy clothes"...I (on the other hand) stay dolled up. I figure if I am going to haul these fancy clothes all the way to the cruise ship, I might as well get to stay in them as long as possible!!

Hubby and the boys always change back into their "comfy clothes"...I (on the other hand) stay dolled up. I figure if I am going to haul these fancy clothes all the way to the cruise ship, I might as well get to stay in them as long as possible!!

Exactly what I was thinking! We brought the clothes along, why wear them for only 2 hours? The boys, however, waste no time in getting changed after dinner. If there are two formal nights, at least it keeps them from messing up their outfits too badly.

We usually stay dressed up through the show, then change into sport clothes for a late-night walk to work off a few of those dinner calories! But you will see a mix of outfits from very casual (shorts, etc.) to formal wear at the shows and other venues throughout the evening.

Oh my! Am I the only one who stays 'dressed' every evening? ALL my clothes are just as comfy as the rest, and besides, I just don't like to change clothes so much....lazy Cotton.:D

No, you're not alone.

I've never been on Carnival but the cruises I've been on with formal nights call the attire of the "evening" formal.....not the attire for dinner.

DH and I wouldn't even consider changing clothes to go to a show. The formal ambiance is for the entire evening. Besides, we're perfectly comfortable.

I don't know if some of the people here wear cardboard or what, but our formal wear is just as comfortable as anything else we'd wear in the evenings.

Aren't your afraid the rest of the passengers will think you brought the gardner and his son along on the cruise with you when you stay dressed up and they go back to their work clothes? Why not just change back so you all look like you are just out of the garden.

if i have late dinner and the show is first,, not much choice but to stay in those formal clothes.. if I have early I sometimes change to comfy. depending how much I've eaten and how tight the clothes have gotten :). let's be nice here.. 'comfy' does not denote cardboard or gardening clothes.. there are 'cruise casual ' clothes..

if i have late dinner and the show is first,, not much choice but to stay in those formal clothes.. if I have early I sometimes change to comfy. depending how much I've eaten and how tight the clothes have gotten :). let's be nice here.. 'comfy' does not denote cardboard or gardening clothes.. there are 'cruise casual ' clothes..

I sure wish I could find them. I just returned from a cruise to Bermuda and have never seen a worst dressed crowd. There were several people who I honesty thought were engine crew members on deck for fresh air until I saw them in the dining room in the same ( and yes) work clothes. So I have to wonder exactly what type of resorts these folks go to if they think what they wear is "resort wear"

Each year as the fares go down so does the level of attire.

'comfy' does not denote cardboard or gardening clothes.. there are 'cruise casual ' clothes..

Yes, but the cruiselines requests that the "attire for the evening is formal".

The dress code for a formal night is not "cruise casual" unless you're on a line like Oceania or WindStar.

My comment about "cardboard" was in reference to people who complain that their formal clothes are so darn uncomfortable. I can't imagine why.

There's alot of formalwear thats quite comfortable and affordable. I see plenty of elastic waist silk pants or skirts worn with loose fitting beaded tops and flat evening shoes. If one is so uncomfortable with form fitting clothes and high heels these items are easy to find (many of the ships sell them in their shops) and people can be both formal and comfortable. As far as the men, my DH prefers a dark dressy suit with an elegant tie to a tuxedo. Other than wearing the tie, it's the same as any other pants and shirt. The tie can be loosened and the jacket put on the back of the chair if they're that much of a discomfort problem.

That said, we prefer lines that don't have formal nights, like Oceania. Frankly, I dislike formal nights, alot. I think they're silly and too fussy. However, when the ship creates a special evening and requests that guests join in by dressing formally, I think it's the right spirit to respect the dress code of the evening.

I know there's the "it's my cruise and I'll do what I want" attitude by some people who feel it's all about "them". I'm one that prefers to do the right thing. To each their own.

Yes, but the cruiselines requests that the "attire for the evening is formal".

The dress code for a formal night is not "cruise casual" unless you're on a line like Oceania or WindStar.

My comment about "cardboard" was in reference to people who complain that their formal clothes are so darn uncomfortable. I can't imagine why.

There's alot of formalwear thats quite comfortable and affordable. I see plenty of elastic waist silk pants or skirts worn with loose fitting beaded tops and flat evening shoes. If one is so uncomfortable with form fitting clothes and high heels these items are easy to find (many of the ships sell them in their shops) and people can be both formal and comfortable. As far as the men, my DH prefers a dark dressy suit with an elegant tie to a tuxedo. Other than wearing the tie, it's the same as any other pants and shirt. The tie can be loosened and the jacket put on the back of the chair if they're that much of a discomfort problem.

That said, we prefer lines that don't have formal nights, like Oceania. Frankly, I dislike formal nights, alot. I think they're silly and too fussy. However, when the ship creates a special evening and requests that guests join in by dressing formally, I think it's the right spirit to respect the dress code of the evening.

I know there's the "it's my cruise and I'll do what I want" attitude by some people who feel it's all about "them". I'm one that prefers to do the right thing. To each their own.

most cruise ships have the evening buffet open for those opting to dine on formal nite in "cruise casual' or "resort attire".. some folks travel with small children and would rather not get 'dressed up'.. I can respect everyone's preferences, and that's is why the cruise line gives you choices.. on formal nites I always enjoyed seeing my hubby in his tux, so handsome and dashing .. and I know he appreciated my 'dressing up' vs. always seeing me in jeans and tee shirts..but I remember once doing a cruise with 3 formal nites and by the 3rd one, we both looked at each other and said 'Buffet"...

Archived