Some RCL Questions...

I have a few RCL questions that I am hoping for help with:

- DO RCL ships usually have copies of the ship layout by each floor available on-board? How will I know what is located where?

- Other than excursions and spa treatments, are there any other pre-bookings that need to be done asap?

- What does everyone feel about pre-paying the gratuities per person before cruising? Do you do it or wait till the end of the cruise?

Freedom O/T Seas Port Related Question

- In Cozumel, is the Chankanaab Park still closed? When will it re-open? If it is open, what is the approximate entrance fee? Is there a TGI Fridays in Cozumel? I read about it somewhere. Also can we use US$ in each port: Labadee, Cozumel, Montego Bay and Cayman?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :D

There is a map of the ship by the elevators, I don't know about ones that you can walk around with. I usually just print off the deck plans before I go.

If you know you want to eat at the specialty restaurants, especially if you want to eat at a specific time or night, then go ahead and make those reservations as soon as you get onboard as well.

I wait until the end and tip in person.

There is not a TGIFriday's in Cozumel that I know of. There are tons of other good restaurants though.

Yes, you can use US dollars in the different ports.

The RCI cruise brochures have deck plans of each ship--at least, they did for 2005-06 sailings. I understand that they left out the deck plans this printing, but because of complaints, put them back in. I can't believe no one seems to have the brochures when booking! To each his own!

Even the specialty restaurants don't have to be booked the minute you board. I've never seen the restaurants full. Did you know you can dine there as a "walk-in"? Alot of folks don't know that!

Tip at the end of your trip. The crew expects that, and you can adjust your tip as the service calls for.

Almost every port takes US Dollars--they prefer it! If you don't want to spend ANY money in Labadee, you don't have to. Think of it as a sea day, on dry land!

We pretip our room stewart. Also, we have a little baby printer for our digital camera. We take pictures of our wait people and room stewart at the begining of the cruise, and give them the prints the next day. They really appreciate it, and give us wonderful service. We always get wonderful service on Royal Caribbean anyway.

Archived