C&A coupon Not honored?!

HI Everyone

A few months ago I applied our C&A coupon of $125 off our balcony room. Our TA said that RCI would accept it. It was for all booking made before April 30, 2006 and I booked on March 1st. Well, yesterday I find out that RCI will not accept the coupon - no reason given? I sent the original to my TA & scanned a copy to save for myself - 2 months ago. When my TA recieved the coupon, said that it will be applied and she will let RCI know about it. But now I find out that the coupon is unacceptable? Does anyone know why this would happen? I even read the fine print, but have no idea what to do now? Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You. :)

RCI usually lets you combine discounts, though. There was a time when the C&A coupons only allowed you to apply them to new bookings, but I think that fine print has been deleted, too.

How did you find out that RCI won't accept the coupon? Did your TA forget to submit it in time?

I haven't heard of a RCCL rejecting a coupon for no reason. Is it possible your TA failed to submit the coupon before it expired? You don't really need the coupon to apply it as most TA's have the coupon number and they add your C&A number to it. Usually they are numbered so look at the back of the other coupons you didn't use to find what it was. I keep copies when/if I need to send them in.

I would pressure your TA to be accountable for the mistake. Don't accept the answer of RCCL not accepting it without a reason.

Did you have any other coupons applied to this cruise? Generally you can combine other discounts (Sr. or residence) with a C&A coupon but not other coupons. But even then if your $125 coupon is more than the previous coupon they will take the higher $$

You're positive the coupon applied to your sailing? Sometimes it is easy to overlook the Ship/Sailing Date in the fine print. If none of this applies then I would have my TA call RCCL and ask why the coupon could not be applied. Sometimes it's just a matter of incorrect information & can easliy be cleared up.

Good luck, I know for $125 I'd keep asking why!!!:D

Thankyou for the quick replies. I found out because I have been calling my TA, my final payment is due June 24th and I have not received a statement with the discount applied. According to the coupon, my dates are correct and I submitted everything on time. I just called C&A and they are looking into it for me - they said that they did not see the coupon listed - what does that mean? They did say someone called yesterdat to apply it and it was the reference code was refused on the computer system?? I was asked to call back in 2 - 3 hours?

:( :( :(

What do I do but just wait?

Thank you again.

I had a situation where I booked a cruise for 2007 and had the $99.00 early booking discount applied. A few days later, I sent a coupon for $50.00 and it was rejected. The reason was that a "coupon" had already been applied. Apparently the early booking discount of $99.00 is being considered a coupon. I had 2 bookings for the Explorer in Aug 2007 and I canceled them both. I will be on the Explorer in Sept and will re-book then and get my $100/cabin onboard credit, and if I find a coupon I will be able to apply it.

- they said that they did not see the coupon listed - what does that mean?

Thank you again.

In my opinion it means that possibly your TA did not apply the coupon code. I used a coupon for my Oct cruise and had absolutely no problem.

My understanding is the TA(I used one for my Oct cruise) let's RCI know the code, and then has to wait for RCI to apply it. Mine finally showed up on my invoices but it took a while. In my case, I originally booked an inside( coupon $65 value) then I upgraded myself to a balcony(coupon now good for $125). It took a few weeks or more for the $125 to show up on my updated invoice from the TA.

Marie

Thankyou for the quick replies. I found out because I have been calling my TA, my final payment is due June 24th and I have not received a statement with the discount applied. According to the coupon, my dates are correct and I submitted everything on time. I just called C&A and they are looking into it for me - they said that they did not see the coupon listed - what does that mean? They did say someone called yesterdat to apply it and it was the reference code was refused on the computer system?? I was asked to call back in 2 - 3 hours?

:( :( :(

What do I do but just wait?

Thank you again.

When did/does the coupon expire? If your TA tried yesteday to have the amount applied it may have been too late. Sounds like your TA may not have been on the ball was late.

Thank You for all the advice ... I am so glad that the C&A staff I spoke to was so helpful. They didnt give me the run around and said that they will apply the coupon to my reservation BUT my TA will have to call them to do it (since I didnt book directly with RCI).

I just spoke to my TA and they said they will call, have it sorted out and call me back. Hope it works out - will update as soon as I hear from them.:)

You are entitled to a REASON.........there is a reason they rejected it. I agree with most posters in that it sounds like it might have been applied to late........but make your ta give you a reason.......that way you hold RC or your TA accountable and you may get to the bottom of this.

Good luck

HI Everyone

A few months ago I applied our C&A coupon of $125 off our balcony room. Our TA said that RCI would accept it. It was for all booking made before April 30, 2006 and I booked on March 1st. Well, yesterday I find out that RCI will not accept the coupon - no reason given? I sent the original to my TA & scanned a copy to save for myself - 2 months ago. When my TA recieved the coupon, said that it will be applied and she will let RCI know about it. But now I find out that the coupon is unacceptable? Does anyone know why this would happen? I even read the fine print, but have no idea what to do now? Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You. :)

I left this on our Roll Call. I didn't see this one on the main board..

Back on october 10, 2005, I faxed two coupons to RCCL for $150 off each of our two cruises. I received a credit for $300 off of our total amount.

I have no idea how well you know this TA, but that does not sound right to me. Something just sounds fishy that she has had it all this time and tells you now.. I faxed mine and it was confirmed in a week that I would get the credit.

I would ask her for your original coupon back and I would fax it to RCCL and see what they say. That way you have the coupon. There should be no reason for her to destroy it without your permission.

If she did destroy it, fax your copies to the same address with a written note on why you are doing this. Your TA did not have to mail it to them so she should have it.

Good luck.

The Royal Caribbean fax number to sent it to is:

To: Fax Number 1 866 222-5150

Royal Caribbean

1050 Caribbean Way

Certificate Redemption, 5th Floor

Miami, Florida 33132

Hello Again Everyone

Well, my TA just called me ... after three hours of waiting :o . I dont know what to say really, I understand that people and businesses can make mistakes, however I really hate being lied to or given the run around. The good news is that my TA got RCI to honor the coupon.

Now let me tell you what the TA just told me ... It seems there was a miscommunication with RCI, they did not accept the coupon because they didn't know we were Canadian citizens (thats the TA reason). The TA said that by me calling RCI directly and the C&A staff telling me that they would honor the coupon is just not right and makes the TA look bad. (duh :eek: ) Anyway, I am really not looking for any freebies, I am happy that I got the $125 off, however my vent is ... why did i have to call the TA for three days this week to sort it out - when really RCI took care of it in a matter of minutes? And to end this, the TA says that I am lucky to get the $125 off after the coupon has expired!! I was so mad and said that this is not my fault or RCI but someone at this travel agency who failed to either send in the coupon or contact me with any kind of update or info about the coupon not being accepted!!!!

Sorry for the long vent! I think next time, I will book directly with RCI! :rolleyes:

Have a great day!

TravelBugz,

I am really happy to hear you received your discount finally. I want you to know that Royal is refusing to provide me with a $99 discount they are offering to people who booked a cruise within 45 days of that sailing. One of the reasons given was that I paid in Canadian funds. Apparently that disqualifies us. Another reason they stated was that we booked a holiday cruise and that we aren't entitled to get a discount on that. However, NOWHERE in the description does it say you must pay for the cruise in US funds (the discount deal shows up on our Canadian site) and when you retrieve what cruises are entitled to the discount, our holiday cruise is there :(

After everything I have been through with Royal's Customer Service, I think there MAY some truth in what your TA said about being Canadian and NOT being entitled to the offer. I feel that their staff is untrained and everyone has a different story to tell you :(

Teri

Hello Again Everyone

Well, my TA just called me ... after three hours of waiting :o . I dont know what to say really, I understand that people and businesses can make mistakes, however I really hate being lied to or given the run around. The good news is that my TA got RCI to honor the coupon.

Now let me tell you what the TA just told me ... It seems there was a miscommunication with RCI, they did not accept the coupon because they didn't know we were Canadian citizens (thats the TA reason). The TA said that by me calling RCI directly and the C&A staff telling me that they would honor the coupon is just not right and makes the TA look bad. (duh :eek: ) Anyway, I am really not looking for any freebies, I am happy that I got the $125 off, however my vent is ... why did i have to call the TA for three days this week to sort it out - when really RCI took care of it in a matter of minutes? And to end this, the TA says that I am lucky to get the $125 off after the coupon has expired!! I was so mad and said that this is not my fault or RCI but someone at this travel agency who failed to either send in the coupon or contact me with any kind of update or info about the coupon not being accepted!!!!

Sorry for the long vent! I think next time, I will book directly with RCI! :rolleyes:

Have a great day!

To be honest...it does sound like the TA that didn't want to cut "into" her money. We had 2 seperate "coupons/discounts" honored on our past May 7th Explorer cruise, with NO hassles...and I know it's because we did DIRECTLY book w/RCI.

Glad you ended up w/discount...$125 is a great one!

Hello Again Everyone

Have a great day!

Smart move on booking with RCI yourself. A lot of times the coupons and dicounts come out of the TA's commission. As a result, the TA will do everything they can to not apply the discount/coupon. This especially true if you try to use the MBNA coupons for free cruises. I have told my TA to take a flying leap and I will take care of my cruises myself. As much time as I spend on the internet anyway, I will probably be aware of discounts weeks before my TA and I can't trust her to make a phone call on my behalf anyway!

Archived