Last minute deals!!

Sea and Me

Has anyone ever waited for the last minute deals sent by mail from the various cruiselines?? We are folks who are very fortunate that we would be able to pick up and go at the last minute (well you know what I mean):) We are thinking about taking advantage of those deals and were wondering how many out there have done so. The prices are a lot cheaper and it seems some of them are too good to be true. However, did you do those deals and how was the accomodations of getting air etc. Thanks for your information!!

In April 05 we booked on the Star Princess and we sailed 10 days later. We live in Florida so we drove to the port. We were able to get a mini-suite for a great rate. The ship was full when we boarded so we felt lucky to be able to book. Booking so close to departure, sometimes you will not be able to get the cabin or category you want.

Regarding airfare, I had to book a last minute flight due to a family illness and I found that Expedia had some good pricing. Booking a last minute flight can be risky. Good luck!

Got one today on the UK Princess website for the Goldens trip around the UK. The ship has shown totally booked for the last few months and it came up on the deals yesterday. So now me and DW have an extra cruise this year.

Jimmy

Has anyone ever waited for the last minute deals sent by mail from the various cruiselines?? We are folks who are very fortunate that we would be able to pick up and go at the last minute (well you know what I mean):) We are thinking about taking advantage of those deals and were wondering how many out there have done so. The prices are a lot cheaper and it seems some of them are too good to be true. However, did you do those deals and how was the accomodations of getting air etc. Thanks for your information!!

If you are a captain's Circle member, go into Princess' Internet site and your membership profile to register for last minute deals. You can specify how short the notice can be and from which ports you are willing to sail. Princess will send you offers through your email.

I haven't recently done a last minute cruise, but have in the past. When you actually book you have a decent idea of the type of cabin you will get although the location could be anywhere. Although there are many categories, many of the different categories actual cabins are the same, but the location is differerent. For example an inside cabin is an inside cabin size and layout wise but one may be higher in the ship and thus more "desirable".

So if you call them to book a last minute deal you should have an idea of the type of cabin you will get.

Archived