What's the Catch?

jodisue

Hi Jan,

What would we get from Oceania that we can't get from Princess for less? Itineraries seem similar and we rarely use ship tours preferring to arrange our own in groups of 4 to 8.

I look forward to your take on this.

Bop ;)

I just like to add that "O"'s coffee is much better than Princess and you do not have to pay extra for it at the bars (or at least you didn't)

Princess is now charging for coffee if you don't get it in the dining room or buffet.

O does not charge for the specialty dining rooms ..Princess does

The beds on "O" are much better than Princess!

Our Princess cruise the bed was so worn that when the two beds were pushed together one was an inch or more lower than the other!

DH was not immpressed ;)

Jan, Tim, and LHT28,

Thanks so much for the prompt and pertinent reply. I have to say I agree with all you said about Princess. I have seen the decline in service, condition of ships, and the lack of consistency from ship to ship. I still love Princess but the Dawn in her inaugural year was our first cruise and I guess you develop an affinity for your first love. Also, as we get older the comforts of a good bed rises higher on our priority list to help ward off the aches and pains. We have gotten in the habit of begging a foam egg crate pad to cover the mattresses from our room steward on our last 3 cruises. This helps but Bonnie still gets 3 or 4 extra pillows to add to the padding on the "torture racks". Yes, and that coffee has always been a Board favorite topic. Only retired military appreciate the Princess sludge concentrate .

You have given me much to consider and I believe that your recommendation, along with the glowing recommendation from my friend Ocngypz, will prompt me to give Oceania a try. If only they had a troupe of "clunk dancers".:rolleyes: Any recommended itineraries? We've done AU/NZ, Med X 2, British Isles, Greek Isles, Panama Canal, Alaska, Caribbean.

I think Princess still has a great product for the $$ and there is something to be said for loyalty and familiarity but I think we are due for a change. Celebrity didn't do it for us. We are booked on the Amadeus Symphony for the Danube cruise in September. That is a real change for us with only 140 passengers. I am going to give my TA a call and do some talking about Oceania.

Thanks again,

Bop;)

Archived