The Las Vegas HAL CC group meets up with Mr. Deering

LAFFNVEGAS

Welcome Home Jim, I so wish you and Donna could have been there. HAL has the Hotel Managers non stop busy from 9 AM every morning till Midnight every night till Friday when they all leave so this was the only time that Mr. Deering could get away. Tonight is their last night out at Lake Las Vegas and tomorrow they Hit the Strip:eek: They will all be staying at different resorts to then compare what they saw and did. I am looking forward to hearing from Mr. Deering on what he did and thought.

This is a great idea, but might get lost when in the middle of a thread. Do you think you could set this as a separate thread, or maybe one of the hosts post it as a sticky?

I agree, actually the thing to do might be to have it as a sticky at the beginning of each ships Roll Call Threads. This way if they want to set up a party with HAL they know what they should do.:)

Lisa,

James Deering truely IS a man who loves his job. We were blessed to have him on our Oosterdam cruise to Alaska this past week. At least he was with us until you just had to steal him away to Las Vegas:) . All kidding aside he attended our Cruise Critic Get-Together, took everyones Stateroom number and invited each of us to a special reception hosted by he and the Capt.

DW and I just arrived home today. So, I hope to have a review posted as soon as I can get organized.

Richard

Richard, sorry we took him away from your cruise when he left the ship in Ketchikan, but if it makes you feel better just know that the Las Vegas CC group felt like we were on a cruise for the evening in the Dessert:D But we did have a nice sunset during dinner over the mountains.:)

Tonight is their last night out at Lake Las Vegas and tomorrow they Hit the Strip:eek: They will all be staying at different resorts to then compare what they saw and did.

When I grow up I want to be a HAL Hotel Manager!;) Who's staying in the Bellagio???

When I grow up I want to be a HAL Hotel Manager!;) Who's staying in the Bellagio???

I am not sure I would want to be away from home as long as they are but would not mind taking thier place when they do things like coming to Vegas. Gee, if any of them do not want to do their spa treatments I would love to take their place and I will do thier report for them:D John, I actually do not know who for sure is at Bellagio but I know where Mr Deering is but I have been sworn to secrecy;)

I am not sure I would want to be away from home as long as they are but would not mind taking thier place when they do things like coming to Vegas. Gee, if any of them do not want to do their spa treatments I would love to take their place and I will do thier report for them:D John, I actually do not know who for sure is at Bellagio but I know where Mr Deering is but I have been sworn to secrecy;)

Sworn to secrecy!! Wow, even the Germans "Ve have vays of making you tawk ..." would be impressed with that!;)

We live in Las Vegas and would like to get on the invitation list for upcoming Vegas Cruise Critic events.

Thanks...Adrienne and Ira:) :) :)

Hi Adrienne and Ira, We should be having another Get Together some time in late July or early August. Julie who many from this board knows who is a Gift Shop Manager currently on the Zuirderdam, previously on the Oosterdam and Zaandam will be coming to Las Vegas. So we will have a Get Together with her. This last Friday's Get Together was one I had to put together quickly.

It will be interesting to see what land-based hotel/resort procedures and/or amenities they decide would be good to implement onboard HAL ships. I think it's great that the company wants them to see and experience how that side of their profession works.

How about some shops like at Caesar's at Duty Free Prices? Hmmm..... that would work for me!

Actually Sail, you are not too far off on this one. I think I can give this bit of info out........ As we all know the first three Vista Class Ships are going to eventually be redone wo look a lot more like thier youngest sister the Noordam. When they actually do this (which means taking away my favorite cabin/verrandah 5187) there are plans to makes lots of other changes. The new Explorations Cafe will be places up near the Oak Bar near the Crow's Nest with having a Coffee Bar there. Then of course we know where the Windstar Cafe Coffee Bar is now will be the Pinnacle Wine Bar, then where the Java Corner is now they will actually make into a real Coffee Bar similair to the Windstar Cafe, then..... drum roll where the Interent Cafe is now they will be having some "High End" shops:) Can us girls say Gucci or Prada:D

!!!! Sounds good to me!!!!!

What a coincidence I would have said that!!! :) ;) (about the shopping.)

They must have been reading my mind. :) And the minds of many others of us who have complained hugely about the on-board shops that (IMO) currently stink!!!

As to reconfiguring Explorations/Windstar etc.....great!!!

Noordam has it right. IMO, the new design/layout are miles ahead of Zuiderdam. And the Pinnacle Lounge is GREAT.

We would have loved to join you, Lisa, but we're going to be sailing Noordam. We absolutely must sail her during her Inaugural Season which will end before we know it. After our upcoming Maasdam cruises, Noordam will be next for us. We can't wait to sail her.

Archived