Just Back from Constellation 20 May-3 June

uktog

:) Fabulous trip; can I sneak in the cases of those of you still to go? As a reward, I will happily answer any questions you have - will get a proper review done later but we were very happy with this trip

Hi uktog

I'm looking forward to your review as my wife and I are on the June 17 - July 1 trip. A couple of questions : -

1. I was hoping to take a couple of bottles of champagne on board with me. Could you tell me whether I'm likely to have a problem at Dover?

2. Which nights were designated as formal?

Thanks

S4EVE

No problem taking champagne on board - we had a bottle with us. Champagne is never an issue! We did in fact board at Harwich as the ship was diverted from Dover- but they used their own Dover team for the check in. Formal nights for us were 2nd night (at sea) the evening we wer in Tallinn (second Sunday) and the night we sailed from Helsingborg - (second Thursday). Not sure if your ports are in the same order. Will get on with the review as soon as I sort the work stuff out!!

Hi!

I tried to talk them into leaving the ship in Dover for you, but the Pilot refused to come onboard the Connstellation, leaving the Captain no choice but to head up to Harwich. The seas didn't appear to be any rougher than those on our TA, but the Dover pilot apparently felt otherwise!

Wasn't the Baltic a fun, exhausting cruise? Hope your weather was as good as ours, we enjoyed clear crisp days for the most of the time that we were in ports.

Susan

Thanks Susan, it certainly made for a fun start to the trip. We had really good weather except in Oslo where it rained, but from then on lovely days - even got a suntan in Talinn- would thoroughly recommend this trip to anyone!!

Hi uktog

I'm looking forward to your review as my wife and I are on the June 17 - July 1 trip. A couple of questions : -

S4EVE

Hi, we're also on that cruise. I don't recall you posting on our roll call, why don't you come over and introduce yourself to the group? Also, remember to sign up for the cruise critic party, unless of course you just aren't interested in it..:).

Diana

No problem taking champagne on board - we had a bottle with us. Champagne is never an issue! We did in fact board at Harwich as the ship was diverted from Dover- but they used their own Dover team for the check in. Formal nights for us were 2nd night (at sea) the evening we wer in Tallinn (second Sunday) and the night we sailed from Helsingborg - (second Thursday). Not sure if your ports are in the same order. Will get on with the review as soon as I sort the work stuff out!!

Looking forward to reading your review. We leave on the 15th, for our cruise on the 17th, so if you have a chance to write it up before then it would really be appreciated. Really glad to hear you had a great time!

Diana

Just echoing Diana's sentiments...

We are glad that you had a great time, and would love to hear more about it!

Were there any ports where you docked at unusual places? (Other than Harwich, that is!)

• 2 weeks later...
I have bumped this up so Spearmint can look at it

:) Thanks very much, but did you not have the second part of your longer review as well? Somehow it has disappeared from the boards, although the first part is there. Have I lost my mind, and only thought that I read the second part?:confused:

Archived