Explorer amenities

We were on Mariner a couple of years ago and I know that the bathrooms had shampoo and conditioner. However someone told me that they did not have any in the Explorer. Is this true? If I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner, then I'll have room for more shoes. We are leaving in 12 days. Thanks

We were on the 5-day cruise last month and they didn't have both. I think they had shampoo in a dispenser in the shower, either that or it was shower gel, I don't remember. I'd bring your own, just put some in small travel bottles.

I'd like to piggyback a question onto your question; I hope that's ok:

Just last week we sailed in a Junior Suite on the Empress, and we did not have the usual suite set-up of the individual bottles of shampoo, bath gel, lotion, "chapstick", and white poofy bath scrubbies with the container of cotton balls and Q-tips. Our steward said RCI is no longer putting them into the Junior Suites. Is this true fleet-wide?

The shower had only the dispenser filled with the yellow conditioning shampoo. We received a bar of soap on the first three days of the seven day cruise.

Thanks~~

Leslie

We just returned and had the shampoo in the shower and soap. We were in a regular balcony cabin.

Not sure about the other amenities for JS and above....I kind of hope they still have them for Serenade in sept.

We sailed in a JS this past April--had a full compliment of toiletries. However, I always bring my own. They do provide a shampoo/conditioner blend, but that always makes my hair look dull. Stick your shampoo and conditioner in plastic zip-locs and then stick them in your husband's shoes! That way, they aren't taking up any extra space!

On our May Explorer cruise, we had a cheap bar of soap (like at a Day's Inn) and the dispenser in the shower that said it was shampoo/conditioner. That was it. Last Carnival cruise we had a really nice basket of goodies. Can't believe RCCL is getting outclassed by Carnival on amenities.

I second blueboro, I was on Explorer in May and there was nada thing in the bathroom except for a cheap bar of soap and a dispenser of shampoo (I guess- it was marked conditioner).

Not that I used everything in the Carnival basket but there was always a varitey of products in every type of cabin- also, not to mention a robe for every passenger.

Thanks everyone. You're right. My own shampoo and conditioner are much better. My DH and I are taking 2 very large suitecases, and probably a carryon each. I will just take an extra large "handbag"; that should handle the dozen or so pairs of shoes..hehehehehe

11 days to go. YEAH

Heylu - Are you on the June 16th sailing? If you are, we've got over 100 people signed up for the meet and mingle already, and over 100 pages of posts on our board! Here's the link to the last page (so far at least, but the pages turn FAST on this board!!http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=185063&page=107

We've got a great group so far and would love to add you too!

Archived