PG excursions and other questions

This Friday, shore excursions "open up" for our upcoming PG vacation. I've studied the boards quite well, but still have some questions for those who've "been there and done that".

My understanding is that the Motu day is something to not miss. However, both myself and my husband would love to do a drift snorkel and only found it on the Motu day. Is it somewhere else that we perhaps missed?

The waverunner at Bora Bora is the 2nd "don't miss" excursion that we see. I think I read that there's another picnic day in Bora Bora. If so, which day? We'll be in Bora Bora on 2 days.

Moorea has 2 snorkel options which look good. Has anyone got input about either Lagoon Discovery or Sail & Snorkel? We'll have 3 days post cruise in Moorea, so we could do more there later.....

Now, besides excursions, one more question (for now!).....

A few times on the boards I've read about luggage weight. RSSC says that 70LBS per person is tops. However, on a couple of the boards, I've read "50LBS". Does this refer to if you're going to island hop by air or am I missing something? We're avid snorkelers and will be bringing our own gear. I don't want to be surprised (though I still can't imagine having more than 100LBS between us!) by finding out we're overweight.

Thanks to everyone on these boards for their time/trouble to help us plan this fantastic trip!

Karen

1st of all I would not take your snorkle gear unless you have special lens.

The gear onboard the PG is very good and they really work with you to get proper fit.

I think all us airline companies have gone to 50 lbs per bag and limit of two bags per person.

From what I have been told it goes to 40 lbs per person on the commuter flights in Tahiti. Be careful they really charge a lot for overage.

Bora Bora snorkle day is no picnic. You just take the tender to a private beach.

Nothing is furnished. No bathrooms, drinks, chairs, etc. That is why I recommend the cheap blow up matress. You can ask room service to pack a lunch if you like.

We have learned to take a duffle type bag, (which does not weight much), and put heavy things like shoes in it. We then use a 26 inch suitcase for other things. We then each have a small duffle bag we use as carry on. Works great. The duffle and 26 can be put together for walking through airports so you are not overloaded with bags.

We did Bora Bora 4x4 1st day, and beach 2nd day. Worked fine for us.

Karen,

I think the drift snorkel was listed in Rangiroa....we just signed up for our trips for the 7/12 10 day PG...our first on RSSC and to Tahiti/FP.

I believe someone on this board (?) Dreps talked about drift snorkel and very strong currents.

Good luck,

Carol

Yep, Jim, Wendy is right. The little bar is on the edge of the property. (Almost a straight from where you get off the tender.) You probably turned left and made a beeline for the best palm trees along the beach. I ordered "Blue Hawaii" just like on Motu Mahana and the only difference was that on Bora Bora it was not served in a coconut. They also have all the other drinks including water and soft drinks plus a supply of peanuts. We took box lunches over with us.

Archived