am i booking too early/do ya use priceline

tom e boy

Hello,

We are sailing from Miami in Apr 07, should my air,car and hotel reservations be made now, or do i have some time. Also, when should we get our passports. is it worth it to use priceline for air and hotel

Thanks for the help

Carnival Triumph 07 Eastern Carribean

NCL Majesty 05 Bermuda

Also, when should we get our passports. is it worth it to use priceline for air and hotel[/b]

American passports are valid for 10 years, so there is no harm in getting it earlier, rather than later. It has normally taken about 3 weeks for us to get passports.

We have used Priceline for hotel before on several occasions, and had only good luck. I'm not an expert on Priceline, but don't know if you would get a good deal this far out. It might be worthwhile to spend some time reviewing different sites (travelocity, orbitz, expedia, plus the hotel sites themselves) to see what rate they are offering now. However, if you are needing a hotel at a time when there is a big sporting event in the area, you might want to book now just to have a room. Be sure that you can cancel if necessary!

Get the passports now, as the delay will only get longer as more and more folks start applying for them.

Priceline is OK, but the better deals are usually found closer to the time of your trip. And sometimes you won't find anything available at popular times, such as Spring Break to Florida. Not a good thing when you have to be there to get on the ship. If you do use priceline or another bid system, give yourself a day or more on either side of the cruise arrival and departure. Nothing worse than a pre-paid flight arriving 30 minutes after the sailing time.

Hello, We are sailing from Miami in Apr 07, should my air,car and hotel reservations be made now, or do i have some time. Also, when should we get our passports. is it worth it to use priceline for air and hotel Thanks for the help Carnival Triumph 07 Eastern Carribean

NCL Majesty 05 Bermuda

You have plenty of time. Only problem would be if they are having a Super Bowl in Miami or something like that in Apr 07 when you will be leaving. Fort Lauderdale is a nice alternative.

Get the passport now. You never know what might delay it.

Never used Priceline, never plan to. I like to pick my flights (and seats) and know what airline I am flying, where I am going through, and when I am arriving.

Priceline is generally an OK option for hotels (provided you do your research), but I probably wouldn't recommend them for flights unless you know you want to arrive the day before the cruise and leave the day after. You definitely should NEVER bid for a flight on any day-of, as you never know what you might get.

Priceline is tricky especially when you are flying in for a cruise. You arent allowed to pick your times, which I am sure you know, so unless you are flying in a day early and dont mind arriving in Miami at 9 or 10 at night, dont use Priceline. I have only used it for hotel, but for airlines, its risky.

However, if you do want to use Priceline, dont do it yet. I am very impatient and would never be able to do this, but I have read the priceline "experts" say to wait until about 3 months before you leave to book your flights. If its too soon, the airlines wont have sold tickets to Priceline yet, I wouldnt think, so your chance of getting a good deal is very slim.

Archived