Question Regarding Iced Tea...

Thanks for the info...we have plenty of time to decide whether to purchase the Soda/Juice plan for the kids. I, myself prefer the unsweetened tea! :D

Please keep in mind that the Tea they serve in the Windjammer and other locations did not appear to be as good quality as the Tea served in the dining room.

The dining room Tea had a superior taste and appeared to be fresh brewed. The tea served in the Windjammer appears to be mass produced (sorta of like Lipton canned or fountain) and not as tasty.

This means that the tasty tea is not always available. You can order from room service and have it delivered to your room, but that does you no good if you are at the pool.

Just my opinion, but shared by several other tea drinkers on my cruise last year.

Something to think about.

My DH and I are both diabetic and have been thinking about the free beverages served onboard. We are tea drinkers and like the new flavored, zero calorie (sugar free) teas that are out also. I plan to bring "Crystal Light To Go" packs. They make lemonade, tea, flavored teas, orange and fruit flavors that are sugar free, you just open the tiny pkg and pour it in a glass/bottle of water. Hope RCI doesn't restrict that! We vote for brewed ice tea over anything else, except maybe diet Coke. ;)

AOS 9/3/06

We like "good" iced tea also - just bring a large plastic tumbler (or sports bottle) - fill it with ice, brew a cup of tea, and, voila - great fresh iced tea! DH will sometimes do this in restaurants where they use concentrated iced tea mix instead of fresh brewed.

That's a terriffic suggestion Buckeye Cruiser. I see that 4-C is making them too - with SPLENDA instead of Nutrasweet. I know my kids already like the 4-C "Tea 2-go" and I especially like the Green tea. They have 20 per box - a bargain compared to the Beverage package! I'll have to add that to my already growing list of things not to forget!

It's true, David-cincinnati - that all teas are NOT the same...but what I think is delicious is not the same as what my kids/others like. I happen to LOVE the fresh brewed tea with my own sweetner. My kids like the powder mixes, DH could care less! LOL!!! I think I'll drink the un-sweetened and carry along the powder mix single serves for my kids and husband. (And for ME if the tea is yucky!) :rolleyes:

Thank you everyone for the great responses!!! :)

That's a terriffic suggestion Buckeye Cruiser. I see that 4-C is making them too - with SPLENDA instead of Nutrasweet. I know my kids already like the 4-C "Tea 2-go" and I especially like the Green tea. They have 20 per box - a bargain compared to the Beverage package! I'll have to add that to my already growing list of things not to forget!

Thank you everyone for the great responses!!! :)

Hey there JLIS NY, Walmart sells their own brand of most of the fruit flavors, teas and lemonade in the to go straw like packages also just an FYI.

88 days to go before AOS 9/3/06:D

Gotta love Walmart!!! :D Thanks again!! :cool:

Just one more suggestion. If you bring the "To Go" Drink mixes, please bring along the appropriate size cup to mix them in. The cups on the ship tend to be on the small size. So for best measurement needs, bring your own to get the right size.

I too love them and find the Wal-Mart brand to be just as good in taste quality and are half the price of the Crystal Light Brand. Althought Wal-Mart does not offer as many flavors.

Have a great cruise...

My DH and I are both diabetic and have been thinking about the free beverages served onboard. We are tea drinkers and like the new flavored, zero calorie (sugar free) teas that are out also. I plan to bring "Crystal Light To Go" packs. They make lemonade, tea, flavored teas, orange and fruit flavors that are sugar free, you just open the tiny pkg and pour it in a glass/bottle of water. Hope RCI doesn't restrict that! We vote for brewed ice tea over anything else, except maybe diet Coke. ;)

AOS 9/3/06

I too am a diabetic and only like to drink flavored water. We found a great product that I will be able to take on the cruise later this year. Like the "Crystal Light" the "Water Sensations" comes in packets but they are in liquid form, not powder. They are really great. They can be found on the web at http://www.watersensations.com/. You just pour the liquid into a bottle of water or a tall glass of water. It's a nice change from cola.:)

AOS 9/3/06

You can bring crystal light with no problem. you can also bring canned soda as well with no problems.

I was on the Serenade two weeks ago, and lemonade is no longer served in the dining room. My RCI cruises before did server lemondade - I guess they are trying to get you to buy more sodas. Bummer!

DW and I were on Vision OTS on May 19-26 (Alaska) and the tea was always way too strong in the Dining Room and Windjammer. Half tea and half water tasted fine. Both the tea and lemonade were free.

I was impressed that they had sugar, blue, pink and yellow packets. Whatever type of sweetener you like.

I got the soda package, but didn't feel that I used it nearly enough. Even ended up buying a six pack of Diet Coke at a port just so I'd have something immeadiately available in the room.

if you purchase the soda package, can you have soda in the dining room with dinner? and in the windjammer?

Yes, there is a little coke sticker they put on your Seapass Card that you just show them and they will bring a soda to you in either place (also in the theatre or any lounge or bar too). They are fountain sodas only. Nice thing is that you don't have to sign a reciept each time like you do if you purchase individual drinks. With just my card, they always brought sodas for both myself and my wife too.

Soda's by the can are available for $1.50 each, but you have to sign a Seapass receipt for them. If you drink less than 4 cans per day then you might want to consider just getting cans. You can also pick up cans of sodas at $1.50 each in the liquor shop onboard while cruising (only time shops are open).

Archived