Tell me all about the Galaxy

fireguy091

We will be in 1207. Looks like it has a nice sized balcony.

Stephen, whats the best bar to hang out in?

Does it have a nice champagne bar or martini bar.

I won't ask about food anymore cause I've never met food I didn't like,lol

Ok I lied. Hows the pizza and the room service breakfast

Nice ship, my wife's personal favourite. I love the giant (functional) compass in the roof of the Grand Foyer. Got any concrete questions?

Made me laugh! My favorite ship too, and my hubby knows more about concrete! LOL

My wife loves the Galaxy too. Last October, we did the 11-day Eastern Caribbean from Baltimore on the Sky Deck inside cabin #1224.

This year, we decided to do something different, so we'll be back on the Galaxy in October, on the 10-day Western Caribbean from Baltimore on the Sky Deck inside cabin #1224.

My wife is one of "I know what I like and I don't want to stray from it" kind of girl. Oh well....

BTW, the poolside bar is pretty hopping during the day. We also frequented the Martini bar, located just outside the restaurant - perfect for relaxing just before dinner. Michael's was still a cigar bar last year, and it was a great place to sit back. I don't know what it's like after the changes.

Hope you have a great cruise. :o :D

-Rich

I cant wait to sail the Galaxy in 11 months!!

Here are some questions:

1) What is the Oasis pool like? Do they tend to keep the roof open or closed..or is it just weather dependent?

2) What did Michaels cigar bar turn into?

3) Is the restaurant layout similar to that on the Century?

4) What are some of the major difference between this ship and the Cenury besides that it is 7,000 tons larger?

5) Is the feeling of a European cruise different onboard as opposed to when Galaxy is in the Carib?

6) Will the entertainment be better onboard Galaxy than that on the Century (well at least how it was a year ago.. the magician...well he was no magician. One could figure out each trick he was doing!)

Here are some questions:

1) What is the Oasis pool like? Do they tend to keep the roof open or closed..or is it just weather dependent?

The Galaxy is a great ship I have been on it 5 times over the years. The first time was on it 2nd sailing when it first came out!

As far as the oasis pool - I know it has the retractable roof but I think on all of our cruises I it was never open. I believe it was stuck close for a while our waiter told us - But I could be wrong. THe weather was beautiful for all of those trips so that was not the reason it was closed.

You will have a great time. I love the entrance to the disco on that ship. It was rather unique.

fireguy091

We loved Galaxy last year. Which bar is best? Well take your pick. Find yourself a good barman and you are sorted! We found one at the pool bar, although never actually sat by the pool - we named the pool area the "bear pit"!

The room service pizzas are small. If you order one, make sure you order three. They are delicous tho'.

We found so many nooks and crannies, you never feel claustrophobic which is why we never did the "bear pit". The Stratoshere Lounge up top was rarely used during the day. It came alive at night, however.

The Savoy Nightclub is a good place to be after dinner too!

You'll love it:)

Phil

Here are some questions:

2) What did Michaels cigar bar turn into?

3) Is the restaurant layout similar to that on the Century?

4) What are some of the major difference between this ship and the Cenury besides that it is 7,000 tons larger?

5) Is the feeling of a European cruise different onboard as opposed to when Galaxy is in the Carib?

6) Will the entertainment be better onboard Galaxy than that on the Century (well at least how it was a year ago.. the magician...well he was no magician. One could figure out each trick he was doing!)

1 - theoretically weather dependent, but mostly closed in my experience.

2 - Michael's club is now a (rather nice) piano bar.

3 - Yes, essentially identical

4 - The magrodome area & associated pool, more balconies. Otherwise pretty similar

5 - Yes

6 - Who knows?

As to the other questions, well, we mostly hung out in the cappuccino bar, because we're not big drinkers. The martini & champagne bars seemd most popular. I liked the room service pizzas, as well as the pizzeria ones, I presume the comment about three was a joke - I thought they were about right.

We're going on the Galaxy to Panama on April 14 out of Galveston. Our first Celebrity cruise and we're really looking forward to it. We're in cabin 1237. If anyone has pictures of that cabin, I would LOVE to see them.

JLR

Hi:

We are sailing on the Galaxy on Jan.22, 2005 to the Panama Canal and we have never sailed on Celebrity. I am wondering if anyone could shed some light on the daily activities while at sea. Is there any bingo, poolside activities, etc...? How is the nightclub? Is it like a disco? Is there a poolside band providing entertainment during the day? Daily tropical drink specials? Any theme parties/nights? I'm trying to get a feel for what I'm getting into. I love all types of crowds and atmospheres.

Thanks

Fausto

We loved the Galaxy. Its a bit smaller than the Millie Class ships but you will love it. The dining room is really one of the nicest Celebrity has with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the stern. We had great food and wonderful service and really enjoyed the shows on this ship more than on the Millie class we've been travelling on lately. Particularly liked the Aqua Spa on this ship because its fee based and therefore not as crowded as on Millie class ships. One thing I didn't like was our balcony cabin. The balcony was barely large enough to accommodate one person.

Oops and forgot to mention that the oasis pool was always covered and closed when we were on her. Don't know what the problem is there or if its open now. Check out the bar aft of the oasis...morning and night.

I might be wrong, but when I was on Galaxy in March I believe that Michael's Bar was a Piano Bar, but *still* did act as a cigar room. I specifically remember seeing cigars on display in the room, and I can only assume that they would be smoked there....but then again, who knows :-)

I know I've posted these before, but they are pretty nice interior shots that will give you something to look forward to and really highlight the beauty inside of Galaxy:

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/picturepost/view.php?uid=2192

Enjoy :-)

I know I've posted these before, but they are pretty nice interior shots that will give you something to look forward to and really highlight the beauty inside of Galaxy:

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/picturepost/view.php?uid=2192

Enjoy :-)

Gary,

Thanks for posting these pictures. She's really a beautiful ship and I can't wait to sail on her.:D

Garry

choirlady,

A very generous poster (mahdnc) has compiled a good list of cabin pictures. He does not have 1237, but he does have 1206 which is, essentially, identical. The balcony for 1237 does not have any cutout, but that shold be the only diference. The link to the pictures is:

http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/Cabinpix.html

We are really getting impatient for our Sept transatlantic on Galaxy. We'll be in 1212 and have studied these cabin pictures and garykool81's ship pix a lot.

Looks like we may have shared the Norway in '03 and will be sharing the Galaxy with you in April '05. Our first Celebrity as well, looking so forward to it.

Looking forward to it! We just did the Alaska cruise, but 7 days was TOO SHORT!

Archived