hmc cabana and butler packages

You should definitely call Ship Services about this one...I'd expect that, if there are 5 people booked for the cabana, then a butler service upgrade will be for the same number. I wouldn't expect HAL to try to differentiate between "butler" and "non-butler" people in one cabana!!!

JMHO,

Paul

The table that the butler has set for you lunch has enough seating for four people, unless you specify otherwise. If you book a cabana, HAL won't know if it is for four people, or forty unless you tell them. When I book mine online, they never ask how many will be using the cabana, but could check through your booking I suppose. Quite frankly when your 5th person sees the spread they do for your lunch with the butler, they will be wishing they had joined in.

HMC_Map.jpg

Here's a map of HMC with the cabana locations and colors. Thanks to DW who put this together for our webpage. www.geocities.com/theklugspage

Is this map right?? We have always known the last cabana on the beach to be the terracotta cabana, not the brown one. So in order they are taupe, blue, turquoise, orange, sky blue, "peach", purple, pink, green, yellow, and terracotta.

Has the peach cabana been built yet?

For bookworm0911...

My sister would be the 5th person and she is a "beach" person. She doesn't want to be fussed over by a butler and would mostlikely wander over to the barbeque for lunch. We're thinking of "merging" the two "celebratory couples" into one cabana because we both want the BUTLER UPGRADE and the other members of our cruising group don't want to partake of a cabana now. Rather than leave my sister "without" a cabana now and relegated to a "clamshell", I thought it would be nice to pay the extra $45 for her to join the two "celebratory couples" in the one cabana. One of the "celebratory" couples will probably remain in the cabana the entire time at HMC...the other "celebratory" couple is planning to enjoy one of the HMC excursions during part of the day, as well as the "5th" person.

I know this is getting complicated now...things were easier when we were planning on having two cabanas. I guess I'll have to phone "ship services" as was previously suggested and run it past them. If we weren't all on such strict budgets, I'd just splurge and pay the extra $100 for the butler upgrade for my sister, whether she used it or not...but our current cruise budget won't allow that...unless we get another price drop in our booking! :-)

For spcl4cs gal...

As I previously posted...a HAL rep told me that the PEACH Cabana is a reality now and is located between the SKY BLUE & PURPLE Cabanas as you've listed. Guess we'll definitely find out when we get there in October! I am beginning to wish there were more HAL ships visiting HMC before we get there...I'm missing the latest "updates"!

Debjo

HMC_Map.jpg

Here's a map of HMC with the cabana locations and colors. Thanks to DW who put this together for our webpage. www.geocities.com/theklugspage

Randy, just so you know, there are only 10 cabanas and the one some call peach is the Orange Cabana and the one some call Brown is the terracotta one. This was confirmed last may by a friend. Also if you look at HALs listings you will only see Orange & Terracotta colors being offered :) No Brown or Peach :)

Here is the map I was given from May.

HMC-777.jpg

Thanks. I'll get Mrs. K to fix her map. She took the "brown" off another map and looking at my pictures.....no way it's terra cotta but that's another story. As to peach....OK....except even we didn't have a peach. I think it's probably the "new" cabana between the purple and pink cabanas. It's been called terra cotta, ocra, baby dodo yellow.......:D but it sure doesn't look peach. :o

Thanks. I'll get Mrs. K to fix her map. She took the "brown" off another map and looking at my pictures.....no way it's terra cotta but that's another story. As to peach....OK....except even we didn't have a peach. I think it's probably the "new" cabana between the purple and pink cabanas. It's been called terra cotta, ocra, baby dodo yellow.......:D but it sure doesn't look peach. :o
Yeah I have heard it called brown red too LOL Never heard of the peach one till debjo mentioned it, I called and they told me that was the Orange one, so even the phone people dont know LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the "mystery" continues...I guess I'll just have to take lots of pictures of the cabana color order when I get to HMC in October. It will be interesting to find out if the "Peach" one exists or if there are 11 instead of 10 cabanas.

On another note: I just talked with another one of the HAL Shore Excursion Reps on the phone today. Regarding my sister being added as the 5th person to our cabana of 4 people, the answer was "YES"...we can add her for the extra $45, but we DO NOT HAVE TO ADD HER for the Butler Upgrade that the original 4 of us want to get. When I asked if the Butler eliminated the Cabana Attendant, the answer was "yes" and that if my sister wanted to order some drinks, she would have to flag down a cabana attendant. She would also have to get her own lunch at the barbeque, but the cabana would be "stocked" for five people. I mentioned that I feared being "hit" with an additional charge of $100 (for the Butler Upgrade for my sister if she shared the cabana with the original four of us) and the HAL rep told me that we should not be charged the extra amount for the Butler if my sister doesn't partake of his services.

I must add that I never did receive the "email" answer that the HAL rep (I spoke with 10 days ago) said she would send...that is why I phoned HAL again today. I relayed all this information on to my cruise planner and asked her to talk with HAL about our particular situation. I figure if she gets the same affirmative answer that I got today, we should be in good shape for having five people in the cabana, but only four people getting the Butler Upgrade. I really hope this can work out because I don't want my sister to be relegated to a clamshell while everyone else is in a cabana. It is too bad that the other 3 members of our traveling party of 8 decided they didn't want a cabana afterall.

Debjo

Well.....here's a picture of one of the "mystery" cabanas. This is the one some folks call terra cotta, maybe peach, or who knows what. It's the cabana between the purple and the pink. I did take a picture of every cabana and my count is 11. :)

mystery.jpg.436f307502e45343717556e4d0c2dc4a.jpg

Well.....here's a picture of one of the "mystery" cabanas. This is the one some folks call terra cotta, maybe peach, or who knows what. It's the cabana between the purple and the pink. I did take a picture of every cabana and my count is 11. :)

That's definitely not the terra cotta cabana so maybe there is a peach one afterall.

This is a picture of the very last cabana. It too has a naming problem but most commonly is referred to as brown.

That's the one I have always known as being terra cotta. By the way, you wouldn't have a picture of my green one would you? :D

For Randyk47...

Thanks for clearing up the "fact" that there are 11 total cabanas...now the "color" designations are still a bit confusing. I would call this cabana (that you've pictured between the pink & purple ones) as "yellow" as it appears in your picture...but then there already is a "yellow" one supposidly further down the beach-next to that "terra cotta" or last one.

I'll have fun photographing the different color cabanas when I get there in October!

Debjo

DH and I were in the new Peach cabana on our recent Westerdam cruise. We were waitlisted for any color cabana and when we arrived in our suite in March, there sat the coveted cabana tickets! I went directly down to Shore Ex to confirm since the tickets indicated Peach Cabana and to my knowledge, there WAS no peach cabana. He confirmed that it was new and lucky for us, we added on the butler package right then and there. It was just the two of us in the cabana and our butler was fantastic!

DH and I were in the new Peach cabana on our recent Westerdam cruise. We were waitlisted for any color cabana and when we arrived in our suite in March, there sat the coveted cabana tickets! I went directly down to Shore Ex to confirm since the tickets indicated Peach Cabana and to my knowledge, there WAS no peach cabana. He confirmed that it was new and lucky for us, we added on the butler package right then and there. It was just the two of us in the cabana and our butler was fantastic!
Woooohooooo thats awesome!!! Do you remember what colors it was between ???

DH just reserved the taupe cabana for our Dec 2 Zuiderdam cruise. This will make the private island so much nicer for us 2 girls since,we aren't sun worshippers and great for the 2 guys who can come and go from the beach, last time we were on the Z there were no cabanas!

Archived