Book excursion on line or on ship?

kelly261

Does anyone know if it is cheaper to book a carnival excursion now on-line? Or is it the same price if we wait and book it on the ship?

Thanks.

I don't think it's any cheaper one way or another, but if you know something has a linited capacity, I'd go ahead and book online. I have done it this way for the last 2 cruises.

It's way cheaper online! Excursions were all at least $20 dollars more on the ship than the price we paid a couple of months before online. Granted, this could have been a markup due to the rising gas prices around that time but it not likely to be cheaper once you get on board so you might as well do it early right? If for some reason it was you could just cancel and then rebook.

If you book a tour online and then cancel it on the ship, you are refunded 75% of the price.

if you book an excursion through the cruiseline and cancel before you leave you get 100% back. If you book online you can cancel on the ship but willbe charged 25% of the price

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Shore_Excursions_FAQs/shore_ex_faq_CancelOrder.aspx

Booking online means you prepaid that excursion and dont have to worry about it. Some sell out online. Just because it sells out online dont mean that excursion is no longer available. The cruiselines do not release all spots to online bookings.

Now that the excursions are available online we will book them early. This gives us the assurance that we get the excursions and times that we want.

We have been very lucky that we have not had to cancel, I can honestly say that I never checked the prices once we got on board, since we had already booked.

Definitely book online if you can! You will save a lot of $$$!

So are you confirming that the same tours cost less if you book them online instead of on the ship?

We already booked one online and were thinking about a second tour. This might sway us to book it now.

It's way cheaper online! Excursions were all at least $20 dollars more on the ship than the price we paid a couple of months before online. Granted, this could have been a markup due to the rising gas prices around that time but it not likely to be cheaper once you get on board so you might as well do it early right? If for some reason it was you could just cancel and then rebook.

Carnival prices are the same. If you are going to book a ship's excursion do it on line ahead of time because a lot of them sell out.

Archived