Aft Balcony

We have our very first aft cabin booked for March 2007 and can't wait!

We booked cabin 8588 on vision of the seas...anyone been in this one?

We will be in this cabin in 2 weeks for an Alaska sailing! I'll post pics when we get back.

We had the infamous 1688 on the Mariner (a D1) and compared to the Grand Suite on the hump on the Serenade (1554), we preferred the aft room by far!!

It's a long walk, but it's so peaceful. We've booked 1388 on the Mariner for this reason.

hope this helps

Here are a few pics we took:

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=440270417&security=psfmFo

We are sailing Radiance to Alaska - July 15 - 1100 corner aft - can't wait - first time aft with corner:) We should have great views of glaciers, inside passage, etc. Smooth sailing!

Thought you'd like to see some pics I found on webshots of this beautiful cabin. You're going to love it.

http://community.webshots.com/album/120882390DVtbVH

We are looking at the corner aft deck 10 or JS aft deck 7. There are 3 adults in the room. What would you suggest? This is on the FOS. I'm worried about the view from deck 7 with all the metal.

We had the infamous 1688 on the Mariner (a D1) and compared to the Grand Suite on the hump on the Serenade (1554), we preferred the aft room by far!!

It's a long walk, but it's so peaceful. We've booked 1388 on the Mariner for this reason.

hope this helps

Here are a few pics we took:

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=440270417&security=psfmFo

That helped out alot Thanks ;) Loved the redhead my daughter was born a redhead and is now a strawberry blonde:)

We will be in this cabin in 2 weeks for an Alaska sailing! I'll post pics when we get back.

Thanks!

Would love to see some more pics and any "helpful hints" at all about this ship....first time on Royal Caribbean! And first aft! :)

PS Have fun in Alaska!

You'll be passing by my neck of the woods..(Vancouver area)

We have our very first aft cabin booked for March 2007 and can't wait!

We booked cabin 8588 on vision of the seas...anyone been in this one?

my parents were on splendor (whicj i think is the same class ship) and had 8584. they LOVED it. HUGE balcony. lots of room, very well layed out, lots of storage. and the wake was beautiful.

1604 is actually bigger than the corner 1600. 1100 (opposite corner has one of the largest balconies), and 1104 is the same as 1604. Very deep and large. You wouldn't be disappointed with either cabin.

We are sailing Radiance to Alaska - July 15 - 1100 corner aft - can't wait - first time aft with corner:) We should have great views of glaciers, inside passage, etc. Smooth sailing!

We had 1100 on the Serenade at Christmas. Last year we had an aft on deck 7 Serenade in Alaska. After having sailed in both, both were great, I can tell you that you will love the view. Enjoy!

Just got off the Navigator yesterday (still in mourning) and had aft 1388. LOVED IT. There was more than enough room for the 3 of us, and the walk did not bother us at all (didn't think it would). The view was great, and watching Captain Bang back the ship up to the pier at Nassau was neat!

Does anyone know if the people in the Windjammer can see down unto the balconies on deck 10 of The Radiance? Thanks:)

Yes they can see down onto your deck, but only the first foot or two near the railing - most of your balcony is not visible from above. We had an aft cabin (1604) on the Radiance recently and found it to be very private.

• 1 month later...
We ONLY book aft! We call RCI, have an itinerary in mind and then ask which sailing has an aft available. Check my avatar for our baclony on Rhapsody. We loved this cabin and location so much that we have the same cabin booked for January.

PS....Ken, is that Coast Guard for your avatar?

Starq1,

Is that cabin 7152?

We have that one booked for September 3rd. Looks to be a great view!

Also do you any pics posted somewhere we could look at?

Ernie

Hi folks,

I have to decide by monday to change my booking from an E2 balcony #7588 to this aft junior suite on the Freedom of the Seas. Is it worth the extra money? How big is the balcony? Does anybody have any pics for me?

Thanks in advance,

Sellie

I think whether you get an aft or not depends on the itinerary. We were on the Zenith and we were docked behind the Empress in Bermuda for a couple of days. The folks in the aft Empress staterooms had no privacy. :o They had to keep their drapes closed if they wanted privacy when changing because we were so close and could definitely see everything. Sure, the balcony was huge...but for Bermuda, I would rather have a balcony on the port side to see the scenery. Just something to think about IMHO.

Archived