Aft Balcony

I've heard nothing but good things about Aft cabins, from the size of the balcony, to the view. I havent heard anything about any noise. We went ahead and booked our first Aft for October. I would say if you have the option of an Aft, to book it!

I had an aft balcony on Serenade of the Seas (Cat D1) and the balconies are very large. We had 11 people on one balcony and we were not crowded. The views from the Radiance class aft balconies is unobstructed. On the Voyager class ships the balconies are also large but there are steel beams that do not really obstruct the view but it is not 100% clear.

I did not have any noticable noise levels and I was one deck below the Windjammer cafe but others on this board have mentioned hearing chairs being moved on the decks. That should only be an issue if you are on the deck immediately below the public spaces. I have just booked another aft cabin for next year's cruise on Adventure of the Seas.

We ONLY book aft! We call RCI, have an itinerary in mind and then ask which sailing has an aft available. Check my avatar for our baclony on Rhapsody. We loved this cabin and location so much that we have the same cabin booked for January.

PS....Ken, is that Coast Guard for your avatar?

I wish they would have built the Voyager class ships that way. That's a great balcony, & is similar to the ones we love on X ships. We've booked an AFT JS on Explorer & there looks to be lots of obstructions. I wonder why they designed the Voyager class ships & Freedom that way. :confused:

Nope, not Coast Guard. My avatar is the U.S. Marine Corp emblem (Eagle, Globe and Anchor).

ohh! My father was in the Coast Guard for 20 years and my husband was in the Air Force for 10, you would think I could tell them apart by now!

What cabin # is this?????

Sue, I'm not sure of the cabin # in that picture (that one I found on the internet), but I believe all the D1 aft balconies on radiance class ships are the same size. All the aft balcony cabins except for the suites are cat. D1. My wife and I are doing the 12 night Jewel repositioning cruise in October and have an aft balcony booked, we're already getting excitied.

What ship class has the best Aft cabins ? We have never had one and booked our first for this December on Voyager of the seas cabin 1688 I heard this is a great corner Aft cabin. Does anyone know if you can see off to the side of the ship since it is a corner ?

Thanks ;)

Voyager Western Caribbean 12/16/06

Voyager Eastern Caribbean 11/26/05

S.S. Azure Seas Mexico 11/90

What cabin # is this?????

Looks just like our cabin 1604 last month on the Radiance (grrreat cabin to sail through the canal!). 1102 right next door is identical. We spent a lot of time out on our balcony and we too hosted a party for 12 on our deck - with room to spare. Can't imagine going to anything else now - we're hooked.

We just did the May 28TH sailing on the Mariner and had cabin 7688. An aft corner. The balcony was great and it is a cat E1 cabin so the price wasn't bad either. If we sail on Mariner again we will try to get an aft corner again. Except on deck 6, from what we could tell those balconies don't extend all the way to the side of the ship.

We just did the May 28TH sailing on the Mariner and had cabin 7688. An aft corner. The balcony was great and it is a cat E1 cabin so the price wasn't bad either. If we sail on Mariner again we will try to get an aft corner again. Except on deck 6, from what we could tell those balconies don't extend all the way to the side of the ship.

Thank you ;)

Hi everyone, Has anybody stayed in JS 7692 on the Mariner? We'll be on the Mariner for our honeymoon in Sept. just trying to get some info on our cabin we've never have had a aft cabin. Thanks for any info. Kevin

We booked cabin 8588 on vision of the seas...anyone been in this one?
Yep. Check the link in my sig for Rhapsody 8088 photos. Same cabin/balcony, opposite side of ship. I never uploaded photos from Vision 8588 since they are virtually mirror images of each other.

Makes that balcony photo Ron27 posted look downright cramped, doesn't it?! :p ;)

I'm afraid I'm completely spoiled having only sailed corner afts on Rhapsody and Vision. I hope I'm not disappointed in corner aft balcony 1100 on Radiance in a couple of months or mid-aft 1694 on Voyager next year. I'm sure I'll manage. ;)

What ship class has the best Aft cabins ? We have never had one and booked our first for this December on Voyager of the seas cabin 1688 I heard this is a great corner Aft cabin. Does anyone know if you can see off to the side of the ship since it is a corner ?

Thanks ;)

In the Voyager class family, 1688 is one heck of a HUGE cabin. Unfortunately you cannot see off the side of the ship. As a plus the room is square and HUGE (JS size for D1 price) but it does have a 6 inch diameter pole running through it at the foot of the bed. The pole really isnt an issue compared to all the perks of the cabin.

The deck is HUGE and part of it is covered - which is very nice when the sun is blaring down on you.

You'll love it!

For an aft and side view, consider booking any radiance class family ship (Serenade, Brilliance, etc). I think the room is 9256 and (possibly) the mirror of that room on the other side (look on a deck layout map). These D1 cabins are said to have a wrap around balcony.

Happy sailing!

Thanks ;)

Vision class and Radiance class.............The voyager class aft balcony is less desirable because of all the metal framing they have on the stern of the ship.

This may be a bit off topic, but does anyone know abut GS1600 on the jewel of the seas? Is it a large deck? We're debating between that one or 1602 (JS next door).

THANKS!!

This may be a bit off topic, but does anyone know abut GS1600 on the jewel of the seas? Is it a large deck? We're debating between that one or 1602 (JS next door).

THANKS!!

I stayed in 1602 on the Serenade. 1602 actually has a bigger balcony (at least it looked that way) than 1600 does.

Archived