Miami Taxi to Everglades Safari Park??

does anyone have any idea how much a taxi would cost to go from the port in Miama to the Everglades Safari Park? I know we will not be able to barter the cost of the taxi like in the carribean..we are interested in doing this tour and wonder how much of a savings it will be to do it on our own. I have been to their website and an Adult admission is $20 plus they have a $3 off coupon thru the end of this year..to book thru RCCL it is $48

any help is greatly appreciated!!! :)

does anyone have any idea how much a taxi would cost to go from the port in Miama to the Everglades Safari Park? I know we will not be able to barter the cost of the taxi like in the carribean..we are interested in doing this tour and wonder how much of a savings it will be to do it on our own. I have been to their website and an Adult admission is $20 plus they have a $3 off coupon thru the end of this year..to book thru RCCL it is $48

Keep in mind that with the RCL excursions include all transportation, transfers, and will get you to the airport to catch your flight. The requirements for Miami are a flight that leaves after 4 PM and Fort Lauderdale, 5 PM. Taxis in Miami are generally ridiculous in price. I highly doubt you can save more than a couple of bucks per person and I do not believe you can save enough to have the piece of mind in knowing you will make your flight. Yes, it is true you will not have the freedom to explore as much as you may want to, but you will know you will make the airport in time for your flight.

I forgot to mention that Miami is a PORT stop for us...we are not disembarking here!! I'm not a fan of Miami..been there done that just never had it as a port stop..I know the taxis will be expensive since you cannot negotiate the cost like in the carribean...however 4 adults purchasing admission to the Safari Park on our own would cost $68 with the online coupon which means the cab would have to cost MORE than $132 round trip for us to NOT have any savings....I'm looking for anyone who may have taken a taxi on their own and what the ballpark costs of that was

Thanks

Go through RCL. The cab fare from the port to the airport is $24 +tip, If your excursion is where I think it is you can figure probably $100 cab ride there and $100 back.

I found this one site where you can purchase a card for $59.00 and get into all the attractions for free. So I thought, Wow, this is Great. That is until I started my research on how to get to the Everyglades Safari Park. I called the park to find out how far they were from the pier and what they thought about us taking the taxi to them and they said the cost would be about $100.00 one way to reach them. He gave me the phone number for a Shuttle Service that we could use. It would take us from the pier to the park including entrance for 59.00. RC is offereing the same tour for $49.00 on our ship. So why spend more for the same service.

While doing some cruise homework I called RC to find out the exact address of the pier that our cruise on the Grandeur will be docking at. They said the address would be 1015 N. America Way, Miami Fl 33132. So I used that address to put into MapQuest to find out how far they are from some of the attractions we were interested in. The Seaquarium is only 6.39 miles away which says it is about 14 minute drive, Parrot Jungle is only 3.3 miles away which would be a 7 minute drive...Gator Park is 27 miles away and would take about 34 minute by car and Pelican Harbor is 7.67 miles away taking 25 minutes by car. I keyed in the Everyglades Tour and it said 17 miles away which woudl take 25 minutes by car. I hope this helps you out a little. All my research has come up with Taxi's are quite expensive and to take the bus, you have to do alot of transfers. So I am letting the headaches up to RC and do my excursion through the ship. Good luck on your excursions and have a great cruise.

Archived