Formal Hair do at Salon

I've searched and searched and only found information on carnival cruise ships. I was wondering approximately how much does it cost for an updo or something for formal night?? Any Royal Caribbean ship would be okay just so I have an idea but info on the Rhapsody is even better. Thanks!

It will cost 50.00.. but if you have a crown and anchor coupon it might be 10-15% discount depending on your status.... i always get my done and you just tell them what type of dress you are wearing and they go to town....they do great work..

I've never heard of booking before getting on the ship - I always make it one of my first stops. To all - he careful, they are very good a selling (without one knowing) first time I wanted some "poofyness" to my short hair and it ended up costing $89.00 - and that would have paid for a lot of foo-foo drinks!. Jan

I loved my hair after it was done - she did a wonderful job, and for 30-50 dollars it would be worth it - next time I will know when they are selling!

I only know about how it looked with short hair - I don't know about medium or long. Jan

I had my hair done recently on the empress.I have short hair and it cost me $30,as i pay £40 in the uk i thought it was very cheap.She did a wonderful job and took her time with it.I wanted to bring her home with me.I would not hesitate to book with rccl again.:)

I've had my hair done a couple times. On X, the tip is added automatically. I did add a little more to that though. The last time I had mine done it was $75+. I don't remember the exact amount. Anyway, I have long, straight hair & never like the way they do it. I finally gave up & now do it myself. It takes much longer, but I like the end result a lot better.

Tammy,

I've got long stick straight hair and have a devil of a time doing anything with it. Any suggestions? How do you wear it up?

I fix it several different ways, but never a full updo. I have too much hair for that.

Rolling:

After washing your hair, begin with a good mousse or gel (I.E. Tresemme X-tra hold, curl enhancing). Hair curls a little better when it's not freshly washed, but I always shower before dinner. If you don't, make sure to add the mousse when you wash your hair in the morning. Best tip: Make your DH dry your hair for you, so your arm doesn't fall off before you ever start the curling process. :D Use electric curlers to roll your hair. The curlers with velvet don't work for me. After drying, spray your hair all over to make it less soft & fresh. Also, spray each strand as you're rolling it. I use Sebastian Shaper Mega Hold. Allow your hair to cool completely. While your hair is cooling, plug in any curling irons you may need. I take 3 different sizes. After curling, utilize your DH again for touch ups in the back. He'll also come in handy for spraying the back good. :p

Styles:

I use bobby pins to pull the sides up leaving cascading curls in the back. (Make sure you pick out the closest color bobby pins to your hair.) Since my hair is all one length, I leave out some hair for ringlets to frame my face. This is what I use the smallest curling iron for. I stick a rhinestone comb at the top of the style in the back as a finishing touch.

89451896088080_0.jpg

I also have a rhinestone & pearl head band that I pull the sides back in. With this style, I only use the curlers. I usually add a bit of volume in the front, because I don't like the flat look.

[/url] t276cc.jpg

Another style I do is to roll my hair then pull the sides up in a rhinestone barette. I leave more of my hair down in the back than with the 1st style. Usually, bringing the curls toward my face a little. Use the reg. size curling iron to touch up any curls that aren't curling the way you want.

89451598238080_0.jpg

These aren't the exact accessories I have, but it will give you an idea. I like Swarovski hair accessories, & you can get them reasonably on Ebay. Sebastian hair spray is fairly expensive, but not compared to getting your hair styled on the ship. If I think of any other styles I've done, I'll post them.

ETA: Sorry, the one pic. came out so big.

Archived