Looking for Zenith Info

TEXASMUNK

Read reviews, posted on roll call. Looking for thoughts and comments on Zenith.

Just had a change of plans and had the opportunity to book Zenith for next March....your thoughts and comments please!!!!!

The Zenith is small and dosen't have all the amenities of the more modern ships. Based on the many posts on this board it is showing signs of wear but is still in very good shape. Most posters say the service is great. I was on it in 2001 and will be returning in 2007. Hope you enjoy your cruise!

What's the itinerary? How do you feel about the price? For my money, I personally would only take Zenith to Bermuda -- unless I heard she got a Century-style rework of her hotel spaces.

If it's just a Caribbean itinerary, I'd take Century to experience her new fabulousness.

This is just my personal opinion, though. Zenith is not a bad ship, but she could really stand to have some real $ put into her to make her into the jewel that she could be. There is so much potential there for her to be the star of the "classic cruising" experience.

Hi Jim, I sailed her twice earlier this year and both cruises

were wonderful:)

She is small and yes, older but the service was OUTSTANDING:D.

She is very easy to get around...only 46,000 tons.

I am hoping to sail her again next summer.

If you are looking for big, fancy and modern, she is not part

of those categories. But small, intimate, and again, out of all

my 9 X cruises, I have to honestly say, my April sailing out did

all the others in terms of service. (And the others weren't

chopped liver either;) )

Jim,

All I can say is we are doing a cruise on her for Christmas this year. Not the first time on this ship and it won't be the last. We also cruised on her now gone sister, Horizon and loved that ship also. By the way...we have cruised on every major cruiseline and then some. We have cruised on smaller ships than this. Larger ships than this. Newer ships than this and older ships than this. We can't wait for Christmas.;)

There are many threads on there Celebrity boards with pros and cons. Some folks get a little over board on how they comment on both sides but that is OK. Take the good with the bad or the bad with the good. It is all just opines. But look back for more than a few pages on this forum.

Also try the Cruise Critic home page and click on "Community" then go to the reviw area written by members. Find the Zenith and start reading. There are more than a few recent reviews.

Hope this helps...:cool:

Jeff

You will enjoy the Zenith. The smaller ships have the personality that gets lost on the bigger ships. By the end of your trip you will have experienced the best food and service at sea. I realize it is the same menu but they add something along the way with the warmth and friendliness of the crew onboard. Another thing that helps is the walk from the Martini bar to Micheal's club is not as far as the big ships.;) I will be sailing on her 6/17 for Bermuda with my hubby and the kids.

Say hi to Susan and hopefully we will meet again on the high seas!

Ellen

HOW STRANGE! We just booked April on this ship without much research (aaaaaa....none), it just fit our schedule and budget and then I came here to see what we bought. Looks like we got a bargain according to these comments. We love the smaller ships and have no desire yet to do a mega yet.

Great to hear from y'all!

don & Laura

Been reading reviews....most are outstanding, some are so bad, I think they blame Zenith for the Kennedy Assasination!

Most make the same point...Outstanding service..exactly what we want, good food, exactly what we want...a cigar bar...exactly what we want and world class martinis...exactl what we want.

This time, I hope the bartender does not "over-serve" me. BUT...a Celebrity martini is hangover free the next day!!!!! LOL

It is great to hear from and believe me, Suzan and I trust your opinion!!!!!!!!

Do they still have cigar smoking in Michael's Club? I thought it was being used as a piano bar nowadays. The display cases that you'd think would be full of cigars had bottles of fancy gins and vodkas in them. Maybe there just weren't any cigar smokers aboard, I really don't know for sure.

If it is, fine. It is is not, fine.

Always found the cigar bar a great place for lively conversation. If not, the martini bar is never dull.

Heck, about the only thing dull on a Celebrity cruise is how you feel after being forced off at the end of your cruise!!!

Most make the same point...Outstanding service..exactly what we want, good food, exactly what we want...a cigar bar...exactly what we want and world class martinis...exactl what we want.

Sorry Jim...no more cigar bars.:eek:

They did away with them about two years ago give or take. Cigars are now an on deck thing. I think at night they are doing this at the pool bar..

Michael's Clubs are now piano bars.

Don, Laura, Jim and Susan,

We should have planned to meet up again especially on the Zenith. She is a sweet old gal. I need to go look up the itineraries you guys picked. Since she doesn't have any balconies I am not certain I would pick her for a longer trip since I truly love my sea days on my private balcony and if I am really lucky my neighbors next door even play some Jimmy Buffet to relax to!:D I will be doing some bookings next week while I am onboard for next year and possibly another for this year. Not sure where or when yet but does it really matter?? As for the mixed reviews about the Zenith, she does need some freshing up but she has the best staff on the high seas and is never lacking for fun at least when I'm around!;) I am glad you guys are gonna get a chance to sail on her I hope you have an amazing time.

Don, Laura, Jim and Susan,

We should have planned to meet up again especially on the Zenith. She is a sweet old gal. I need to go look up the itineraries you guys picked. Since she doesn't have any balconies I am not certain I would pick her for a longer trip since I truly love my sea days on my private balcony and if I am really lucky my neighbors next door even play some Jimmy Buffet to relax to!:D I will be doing some bookings next week while I am onboard for next year and possibly another for this year. Not sure where or when yet but does it really matter?? As for the mixed reviews about the Zenith, she does need some freshing up but she has the best staff on the high seas and is never lacking for fun at least when I'm around!;) I am glad you guys are gonna get a chance to sail on her I hope you have an amazing time.

Thanks for your assurance on this selection! I think you have good taste in ships so I feel really good about this choice. Just wish more of our cruise buddies were along with us. Y'all come! This is the Eastern route on 4/2/07. We've already got 10 signed up for CC Party with nearly 10 months to go!

Now, off to find a zipline somewhere down there!

I just got off Zenith 2 weekends ago. First time on her and would I go on her again?...IN A HEARTBEAT!!. The service was fantastic. The food was outstanding. It was equal and in a lot of cases, better than Century, if you are a fan of her....which I am. There were some blemishes of course. Nothing that would have ruined my cruise. The Martini bar, with Anna and Daisy, was terrific. Charles, our pool/bar waiter, was always there to take care of us at a moments notice. Eric and Paul, waiter/asst. waiter, were outstanding. Jeff Potts, the CD, was very personable. The staff on whole was great. No complaints there.

Bermuda was the problem..Just didn't care for it. Very expensive indeed. Hamilton was nice, St.George was a bore. It probably would have been better if the weather was nicer, but all in all, We had a great time on Zenith.

Jeff

Do they still have cigar smoking in Michael's Club? I thought it was being used as a piano bar nowadays. The display cases that you'd think would be full of cigars had bottles of fancy gins and vodkas in them. Maybe there just weren't any cigar smokers aboard, I really don't know for sure.

No Cigar smoking in Michaels club. Dh was very disappointed. However it was the only disappointment on the ship.

Jim- When in March are you going? I was on Zenith mid March 2006 & to my surprise, the ship had a huge college age spring break crowd. My middle-aged girl friends & I had an outstanding time but a lot of other passengers did not. We had CC cabins so it was quiet & I think that made a huge difference. Have fun. Meg

Archived