Best Piano Entertainer on Carnival?

CrusinAgain

Does anyone know if Greg Asadoorian is still on the Legend, or has he changed ships again? We have been on a couple cruises with him as the Paino Man, he was/is fantastic.

I was just on the Legend 2 weeks ago and it was supposed to be Mark and we were really looking forward to going to the Piano Bar from the the great reviews about him but unfortunately he was on leave and there was a woman I believe named Alexandra that took his place. Let me just say, the Piano Bar on the Legend this week was dead. Each night we'd go back in hopes that she would get better but that never happened and we never saw more then 5 people in the place at a time!

Btw - We also sailed on the Valor a few months ago and Ron Pass was great!

Damien was on the Conquest in December but was leaving Carnival to go work on a rock opera. I haven't heard that he has returned. I was a little disappointed in him, after the rave reviews I had read, but the 20-something's in our group spent every second he was performing in there.

I spoke with him a few weeks ago and he is back performing again. However, I forget which ship he is in. The Rock Opera is coming along quite smashingly he tells me.

D

Damian from New Zealand was AWESOME!!!!! I was on the Triumph two weeks ago and most of the crowd in the piano bar were 40 plus...he had the place hopping. He's currently writing a rock opera and sang a few songs from the opera on the last night. I don't remember the time frame but he'll be moving to the Conquest soon. I hope you all go see him and enjoy.

I hope he's back on the Conquest in September!

Thanks for the reply Amy...been to plenty of those "dead" paino bars. You think Carnival would make sure the passengers were happy with the players. We've even complained about one guy in particular...he was still playing and was still lousy!!!! I think the most we saw in the bar with him was 2...not counting him and the barmaid!!!

If anyones knows where Greg is playing, please let me know!!!

Does this site look up to date to those who know?

http://www.carnivalentertainment.com/Now_playing.aspx#_

We wish! It would make life a lot easier. No, that site is notoriously out of date. They still have the Sensation as being used by FEMA. And the Valor lists Ed Rocks in the piano bar and as far as I know Ed has been on there in quite a while.

The best info on who is where tends to come from searching these boards.

Laura

In March of 2004, Duane Lewis, from Canada was on the Legend. He was fantastic! He not only did requests of various music, but he also had a few books with the words. He had a full crowd every night (Me and my mom closed the bar, so I know) and even passed the mikes around for solos from the crowd! He also handled some "difficult" guests quite well. There was a large group, who for the most part were a lot of fun, but often wanted Duane to ONLY play THEIR music. He very deftly let them know that others were on board, too. There were various age groups, and he covered music for all of them.

We were quite dissapointed the following year to see him gone. We were again on the Legend, this time joined by my SO and his mom. My SO was looking forward to spending time in Billie's with me, but the piano player seemed to have her own agenda.

From the link, it looks like Duane is now on the Miracle.

well, we LOVED Mark on the Glory this spring. I heard he moved to the Legend from there. Dunno where he's off to next...

That boy can ROCK!!! Anyone who can play Ozzy Osbourne and Outkast on a piano is alright by me...

And he's a hottie too, gals!!! lol...

sorry Mark, couldnt resist...

If we can throw in RCL, Tommie on the Jewel was unbelievable - endless energy and a great voice!! Sang all sorts of songs, but had a Les Mis medley that awesome. I was REALLY disappointed with the one on the Pride last year, and, from the reports here, hope the one currently on Conquest is gone by October!!

well, we LOVED Mark on the Glory this spring. I heard he moved to the Legend from there. Dunno where he's off to next...

That boy can ROCK!!! Anyone who can play Ozzy Osbourne and Outkast on a piano is alright by me...

And he's a hottie too, gals!!! lol...

sorry Mark, couldnt resist...

Mark was awesome and yes he was a cutie too....;)

We are heading on the Legend this coming Wednesday (June 21st) We are sad to hear that the piano bar was dead the last couple of weeks. Is it still the same girl playing on the Legend? Is Mark back? If not, I hope she has gotten better. :confused:

Kevin

well, speaking for myself, my shows are a loud, rowdy, rock n roll bonanza. I play well over 1000 songs, from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, today, tomorrow, etc...lol

I play rock, pop, r&b, country, metal, punk, disco, rockabilly, hiphop, a lil bit of everything...

And the crowd CERTAINLY participates! Singing, dancing, playing along, spinning on top of the piano, whatever's clever!

Now, that's me.

As for others, I make no promises....

All piano players were not made equal...lol

Well if your not going to be there... I may need more then one to get the party going. You'll be missed !!

Kevin :o

Just thinking ..... a lot more then one :D

One more thing Mark....do you know if the Legend has a good Raggae band by the pool?

Archived