Best Piano Entertainer on Carnival?

CrusinAgain

Wow, so Mark sounds great and Ron does also. On the CB we spent every nite in the piano bar never knowing before how much entertaining a piano player can be.

On the Miracle in December, the piano player had less than 5 people in the room and was boring.

So how can be plan a cruise if we don't know what ship and when the good ones will be there?

Mark - it sounds like you are gathering quite a good amount of fans. Do you have a website?

It's nice to hear Damien is doing so well. He made our last Conquest cruise much more enjoyable.

Dan-next time you talk to Damien, tell him the Allison Krauss fan from Illinois says Hello!

Mark- it sounds like DH and I have missed a great party, hopefully we'll get to "vacation" together some time. The piano bar is one of our favorite things about cruising. You are so right, not all piano players are created equal.

SCOTTIE. He was on the Victory last year when we cruised and he is OUTSTANDING.

He is the MAN. He would play anything and everything -- he made about $250 from our group of 8 last year plus pretty much all of his drinks. He was great because he played for the sake of having fun and not based on how much you tip him -- which inclines our group to tip MUCH, MUCH more.

SCOTTIE. He's the absolute greatest Piano Bar entertainer I have EVER encountered.

Another vote for Ron "SOCIAL" Pass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He has a great web site, too www.ronpass.com.

Also kudos to Joe (Conquest 04) and Cameron (Victory 03).

I was surprised to see the post about having fun with Duane. He had the emptiest piano bar I've ever seen on the Liberty this year (and it was President's Week) - we were extremely disappointed (to say the least).

I received word from the Glory that a new player is coming on this Saturday (6/24)... at least this thread has given me a few names to look for (for my 7/01 cruise...)

Still keeping my fingers crossed for MARK this Thanksgiving!!!

Tom

Hi y'all

Mark, did we meet on the pier in Costa Maya last winter? You were in a hurry to get something to eat and I was headed back to the ship with a female friend. I think we chatted briefly.

As for my contract here on the Valor, I'm currently scheduled until Octo 22, but will likely extend an additional month. (I am waiting on a new condo to be constructed and completion was moved out another month!)

Ron

Hi y'all

Mark, did we meet on the pier in Costa Maya last winter? You were in a hurry to get something to eat and I was headed back to the ship with a female friend. I think we chatted briefly.

As for my contract here on the Valor, I'm currently scheduled until Octo 22, but will likely extend an additional month. (I am waiting on a new condo to be constructed and completion was moved out another month!)

Ron

Ron! My goal is to get on another one of your cruises. My time in the piano bar on the Victory in 2004 really made the vacation! I listen to your CD all the time. Thanks for never playing Janis if I wasn't in the room! :D

(yeah, I am just being a gushing fan, sorry...)

Hi y'all

Ron

Ron, having your condo delayed will be a bummer for you but I would love to hear that you've had to extend your time on the Valor through 12/10. My husband and I will be sailing on 12/3. We met you in October 2004 on the Glory. My husband is Mark Baggetto from Chicago. He was in the piano bar every night and then the disco afterwards. We all had drinks at the lobby bar one night before dinner. I know you meet lots of people so you probably don't remember. Anyway, we thought you were the greatest and would love to see you again. Claudine

I received word from the Glory that a new player is coming on this Saturday (6/24)... at least this thread has given me a few names to look for (for my 7/01 cruise...)

Still keeping my fingers crossed for MARK this Thanksgiving!!!

Tom

Hey Tom,

I just got word from my agent that i'll be signing on as the new piano bar guy on the Glory July 1st. I can't wait! I signed off of the Liberty over in Europe about 3 weeks ago. Even though it's beautiful over there, there's nothing like a Caribbean crowd in the Piano Bar and i'm itchin to get back!

Even though i've been working with Carnival for a little over a year, i've learned lots of songs. And i'm more of a rocker on the piano. It's very rare for me not to be sweating after I play a song. I demand that everyone gets involved and has a great time. So I hope that's the kind of atmosphere that you're looking for. That week should be a blast anyway since i'm fresh on a new ship and ready to rock and let loose!

This is turning into a fabulous thread! :)

I knew you guys were out there somewhere!

Still don't know how to get on mailing lists when I can't find mailing addy's or websites except for Ron's.

I love rock and roll and audience participation.

Let me ask y'all a question.....

What all is involved in becoming a piano man onboard Carnival? I'm sure its more than a resume and "here, here's your piano".....is there a kind of "tryout" cruise first? Pretty much I'm asking how they prove your takent before they put you on.

I've been playing/singing for 14 years...I play parties/events here around town, but that's it. That's the only experience I have....music almost doesn't exist in the town I'm from.

Do I have a chance?

We will be on the glory July 8th. What kind of music do you play, and what age groups. I love piano bars, but the cruises I have been on haven't had any good players. Love rock music from the 60's 70's, 80's.

Thanks

Sheryl

Archived