cabin inventory

m steve

I would like to see the cruise ship open inventory on their web sites. This way if there is a certain ship and cruise you are interested in you can see if there is anything available and can compare sailings and prices. I know that the TAs can get this info but it would be easier if we could make the choice and then we could comparison shop the TAs .

I have used several agents and sometimes my local gets the best deal with perks and sometimes I do better getting miles booking w/ United. I never book directly w/the cruise line.

No doubt a lot of cruisers would love to see that info. But evidently the business model works better for the cruise lines if they don't let everyone see how full or empty a particular cruise is. And the bottom line is it's their private information, they're entitled to do with it as they wish.

BaltiGator is right however some sites will show more than the 2-3 cabins that the X site shows. While it still won't tell you how many cabins are available it will give you a better idea of which cabins are available. Also, if a site that normally shows 6-8 cabins is only show 2-3 you can assume that those may be the last cabins available. I'd list the sites but this board frowns upon that :eek:

BaltiGator is right however some sites will show more than the 2-3 cabins that the X site shows. While it still won't tell you how many cabins are available it will give you a better idea of which cabins are available. Also, if a site that normally shows 6-8 cabins is only show 2-3 you can assume that those may be the last cabins available. I'd list the sites but this board frowns upon that :eek:
Don't know if it's just a recent thing, but with X you can now see if ANY cabin you may want - for a certain cruise - is still free. Above the meager 2 or 3 they give to choose from, you can put in any cabin number (small white box) and find out if is available.

Don't know if it's just a recent thing, but with X you can now see if ANY cabin you may want - for a certain cruise - is still free. Above the meager 2 or 3 they give to choose from, you can put in any cabin number (small white box) and find out if is available.

Tedious to say the least... I tried their site when it listed three cabins, went to other TA sites and I had a lot more choice. Celebrity won't even breakdown the different levels..

Tedious to say the least... I tried their site when it listed three cabins, went to other TA sites and I had a lot more choice. Celebrity won't even breakdown the different levels..

Hi C 2 C !

I agree that it is tedious, but it is at least an option to see if your favorite cabins are available.

It's probably not in any Cruise Line's best interest to let you see all available cabins, as it would give you a way to see how full the sailing is, and whether you should wait for last minute deals etc. I cant blame them for not wanting to tip their hand.

• 10 years later...

I see you are having the same frustration as it's sister co. RCCL. Their site does not even allow to see a specific cabin. Before the recent web site changes, RCL would allow you to change decks and inquiry a specific cabin. I guess this is progress. LOL

Although I can't vouch that it shows 'all available' inventory, X's UK website will often show 10-15 cabin numbers of available inventory by class https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/ when you make dummy booking enquiries, and it also has the ability to check for a particular stateroom number availability.

While I still book through X's Australian website, the U.K. Version is good to go fore-armed with availability of a range of cabin numbers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We booked this May's cruise through a TA we have used before, but we are tired of all the mistakes she makes. So I booked our next 3 cruises directly with Celebrity. Did I make a mistake? Should I search for a new TA instead? All the people I talked with at Celebrity were very nice and helpful, but I wonder if we are not getting as much through them. Our present TA only gives us $25 apiece OBC, so that's surely no loss there. Thanks for anyone's help!

So if you are curious as to which cabins are available you only have to put in about 1450 cabin numbers (Solstice Class) 1 at a time? As others have said, there are quite a few decent cruise agency web sites (booking engines) that will show inventory in a more efficient manner. Another complication is that some cruise/travel agencies will block out a significant number of cabins for their own "group" bookings. This can take hundreds of cabins out of available inventory....that are actually unsold cabins. At some point close to the final payment date these unsold cabins are released back into available inventory...and/or used to fulfill guarantee bookings. We have actually booked cruises on "sold out" ships by simply shopping around among some of our favorite large cruise agencies.....to find out who (if any) had available cabins.

Hank

So if you are curious as to which cabins are available you only have to put in about 1450 cabin numbers (Solstice Class) 1 at a time? As others have said, there are quite a few decent cruise agency web sites (booking engines) that will show inventory in a more efficient manner.

Hank

You do realize this thread is 11 years old, don't you? :confused:

Edited by champagne123
dddd

So if you are curious as to which cabins are available you only have to put in about 1450 cabin numbers (Solstice Class) 1 at a time? As others have said, there are quite a few decent cruise agency web sites (booking engines) that will show inventory in a more efficient manner. Another complication is that some cruise/travel agencies will block out a significant number of cabins for their own "group" bookings. This can take hundreds of cabins out of available inventory....that are actually unsold cabins. At some point close to the final payment date these unsold cabins are released back into available inventory...and/or used to fulfill guarantee bookings. We have actually booked cruises on "sold out" ships by simply shopping around among some of our favorite large cruise agencies.....to find out who (if any) had available cabins.

Hank

You do realize that you are quoting my reply from 11 years ago??:D Things have changed a bit since then ... some for better, some for worse!;)

Back in "those days", lots of cruisers here were looking, for example, for an FV aft balcony cabin or a "sweet sixteen" or port vs. starboard, and the method mentioned was a faster way to find which ones were available.

EDIT: Sorry, just saw that champagne123 was faster in replying!