LimoJet Gold, Vancouver: anybody use them?

krewzin

Since there's gonna be 5 of us along with out luggage...we felt it better to get a limo from the airport to our hotel. Checked out Legacy ($85) and LimoJet Gold ($39).

I've called LimoJet Gold, and they don't take reservations...they said to simply walk out the main airport doors, find one of their cars and get in.

I'm concerned that because of not having a ressie there either won't be one available for us, or there will be a long wait (which we won't be in the mood for after a lengthy flight) ...some sort of screw up.

Anybody ever use them before that might put my mind at ease (or point me in another direction)?

Thanks!

I made a reservation with them last year, there aren't actually limos waiting outside the port building in Vancouver, you just have to pick up the courtesy phone and they send one over (took about 10 minutes from call to limo showing up). The one problem you have is that I don't think they take more than 4 people per limo - but I could be mistaken.

I looked into them for our group of five and though I can't find it now, somewhere I saw that all the luggage must fit in the trunk - none inside the limo. I figured that would probably eliminate a group of five coming off a weeklong cruise. So I opted for a minivan rental which is still cheaper than the cruise line's transfer for five people. Can pick up the car right at Canada Place and return to YVR airport.

Thanks...I really wanna avoid renting a car at the airport...we only need a ride to our downtown hotel (coming in a day before our cruise).

Anybody else w/limo experience?

Krewzin, we are arriving at Vancouver tomorrow evening. We were told that the YVR transporter will stop approximately 3 blocks from Times Sq. Suites on Denman & Robson. The hotel recommended the LimoJet..they will take the 4 of us, but no more than 6 pieces of luggage + carry ons. Se, we have opted to use 2 LimoJets cars, when I called them, they said just get on line for them. Will let you know how it worked out when we return fromo our cruise on 6/26.

Nancy

Again, thanks folks! I just realized in my original post I wrote "with OUT luggage" instead of with "OUR" luggage! Ooops...what a bad typo.

There's gonna be 5 of us with our luggage, and I don't really want to have to wait around, or stand on line after taking these long flights. I want my family to be picked up and taken to the hotel w/o any problems.

Nancy, please let me know how it went!

Grouchy...I'd very much appreciate some other numbers...I've contacted Legacy already and they sound like a fair lot. Thanks!

We had to catch a taxi that was a van. We've used the Limo (Gold) before in Vancouver and I wasn't all that impressed. I thought a limo would be nicer in the inside but it was NOT a big deal at all.

The taxi/van fit all of our luggage and was just fine.

If you have a porter help you with your luggage in Vancouver ask him to get you a taxi that will fit all of your luggage. Of course the normal tip of 2 dollars a bag or so is really appreciated by the porter.

Thank you grouchy.

And Showdog...it doesn't sound like 5 of us + luggage is gonna fit in one of these limos. The taxi/van sounds like the way to go...we'll definitely need the van to fit everything unless we split up.

I'm just looking for the easiest and most comfortable way to get us from the airport to the Westin Bayshore...and that sounds like it! Thanks!

you're right. 5 people would not fit in the limo unless you only had like 3 suitcases. 3 of us took 2 26 inch or bigger bags per person for a total of 6. The mini van taxi just fit our 6 big bags. We could have gotten another 3 people in there but our bags and carry on bags took up all the room so that's all that would fit. The van/taxi was only 20 something dollars to the Pan Pacific and I'm sure you're hotel is near there so it won't be much more.

The biggest pain at the Vancouver airport was the long line to go through customs. It took about 1.5 hours. I didn't expect that. 3 years ago we only waited a few minutes. After you go through customs then you get your bags. There are porters all over and there are also those little carts too that you can put your luggage on. But... I was on vacation so it was worth paying someone 15 dollars for all of our bags that was friendly and nice and got us a taxi. I didn't have to worry about anything. I just told the porter to find us a taxi that would hold all my stuff. I usually would have tipped 2 dollars per bag but I gave him a couple of extra dollars just for the heavy bags and the fact that he got us a taxi without us having to stand in line for one.

It will be great. The Vancouver airport is so pretty so have your camera ready when you get off the plane to take pictures of your group under the signs that say Welcome to Vancouver and the water fall.

Thanks Showdog...1.5 hrs to get through customs -wow. Hopefully it won't be too bad on a Friday at noon, but what the heck...I'll be on vacation and will be in no hurry.

I've heard the airport is a total zoo on the Saturday that cruise ships come back in (we're staying an extra 2 days) as people are trying to get back home.

Krewzin- When are you staying at the Westin? The 4 of us are staying there August 4th when we go on the Diamond.

Arctic Cat...we'll be at the Westin July 14th, so we're 3 weeks ahead of you.

• 4 weeks later...

We used them, and they were great. White stretch limo, sat 10, there were two of us. The driver was such a nice kid, he gave us the "cooks tour", and charged us $20. Cdn! I emailed them, and they said that we could reserve but that they were outside the airport doors, and there would be lots there. They were correct! Would use them again.

• 1 year later...
Krewzin, we are arriving at Vancouver tomorrow evening. We were told that the YVR transporter will stop approximately 3 blocks from Times Sq. Suites on Denman & Robson. The hotel recommended the LimoJet..they will take the 4 of us, but no more than 6 pieces of luggage + carry ons. Se, we have opted to use 2 LimoJets cars, when I called them, they said just get on line for them. Will let you know how it worked out when we return fromo our cruise on 6/26.

Nancy

How did Limojet work out for you? We are considering using them on 9/14/07 to get to the pier from the airport. Since there's 5 of us, they said we would need to use 2 sedans instead of 1 limo due to luggage. Any advice is appreciated! Just trying to decide how to get to the pier from the airport.

How did Limojet work out for you? We are considering using them on 9/14/07 to get to the pier from the airport. Since there's 5 of us, they said we would need to use 2 sedans instead of 1 limo due to luggage. Any advice is appreciated! Just trying to decide how to get to the pier from the airport.

If Limojet doesn't work for some reason, try Vancouver Shuttle. I am using them from Ballantyne Pier to the airport in Vancouver for CAD$12 per person.

John

We used Limojet in June. There were 5 of us and at least 8 large suitcases plus our carryons. I had called prior to our trip and Limojet said that we might have to take 2 limos ($45 each) which was about the same price as reserving a private limo. Decided to take my chances and go with Limojet. There were several limos lined up outside the doors of the airport, we spoke with the drivers and chose the largest one. We and all of our luggage fit (just a tad squishy...). Driver even stopped at a grocery store for us enroute to our hotel. We gave him a very large tip for accomodating us.

Took LimoJet Gold last week from YVR to Ballantyne. There's a desk outside at the curb with someone from LimoJet there. There were four of us with 6 suitcases and 4 bags. We got a stretch limo ($53 plus tax). There were no problems at all. We had to wait about 10 minutes for the limo to come.

I took Limojet Gold from YVR to the Hyatt Downtown

on Aug 17. Very easy. No waiting and a very comfortable

way to start a vacation. The taxi line was long when

we got out of the terminal so this was a great choice.

$48 plus tip. Not too bad.

Archived