St. Catherine's/ Turquiose Bay

SusieCruisie

I will be docked in West End Bermuda for 1 day 8am to 4:30. I was in Bermuda once before, and went to both Hamilton, and St. George. I forgot which port St. Catherine's was. Please let me know if anyone can,would it be possible to visit these beaches due to my port times. Thank you

I will be docked in West End Bermuda for 1 day 8am to 4:30. I was in Bermuda once before, and went to both Hamilton, and St. George. I forgot which port St. Catherine's was. Please let me know if anyone can,would it be possible to visit these beaches due to my port times. Thank you

Its in St George near Tobacco bay. You will be in the Dockyards. It is possible to go by ferry to St George from the Dockyards but you will spend two hours(one each way) on the ferry.

here is the schedule its the orange line I belive

www.seaexpress.bm

:confused: Am I reading correctly?? Orange line is operating Mon - Fri only?? We will be there on a Saturday, and would also like to get from the Dock Yard (same hours) to the beach at Ft. Catherine. How can it be done???

:confused: Am I reading correctly?? Orange line is operating Mon - Fri only?? We will be there on a Saturday, and would also like to get from the Dock Yard (same hours) to the beach at Ft. Catherine. How can it be done???
You can take the Ferry to Hamilton and then the Bus if you want...but you will need to leave about 1 and half hours to do so...I don't think the ferry to St George runs on the weekend. Sorry...

Did you check the beaches in Sandys Parrish? They are closer to the Dockyards. I've been to most beaches on the South Shore & around St George. They are all GREAT!! Ive only drove thru Sandys Parrish, never really seeing what this part of Bermuda has to offer. Like you, this trip, I'll only be in Bermuda 1 day, being docked at the dockyards. To make it worse, being a weekend, public transportation is not in full sched. But the main restriction is TIME. I'd rather not spend precious time in a long cab ride. Which brings me to Sandys Parrish beaches, which again I haven't been to. From the posts I,ve heard that Daniels Head was nice. Also there is Mangrove bay with Somerset village nearby. Before setting off, I hope to get some advise from the local Bermudians, at the dockyards. Has anyone else gone to these beaches?

BermudaLou

Hmmm, the walk to St. Catherine's is more than just a little bit further...

Last September we decided we'd try to walk there from Tobacco Bay and after 15 minutes on a narrow sandy trail through the beach grass in oppressive heat we didn't seem to be near either St. Catherine's fort or beach. It may not sound like a long time, but it sure felt like it...finally, we turned back and went to Tobacco. Alternate suggestion: take the #3 bus from St. George's to St. Catherine's Beach. Check the directions at the Visitor's Bureau. Much more civilised.

Hmmm, the walk to St. Catherine's is more than just a little bit further...

Last September we decided we'd try to walk there from Tobacco Bay and after 15 minutes on a narrow sandy trail through the beach grass in oppressive heat we didn't seem to be near either St. Catherine's fort or beach. It may not sound like a long time, but it sure felt like it...finally, we turned back and went to Tobacco. Alternate suggestion: take the #3 bus from St. George's to St. Catherine's Beach. Check the directions at the Visitor's Bureau. Much more civilised.

We took a cab, It was $6.00 ---I would do THAT again...While its not far(about a mile), I am on vacation. Ft. St. Catherines is a nice beach and it was almost empty by NY or Horseshoe Bay standards. Hey Edurban you going on the QM 2 in september? me too...

We took a cab, It was $6.00 ---I would do THAT again...While its not far(about a mile), I am on vacation. Ft. St. Catherines is a nice beach and it was almost empty by NY or Horseshoe Bay standards. Hey Edurban you going on the QM 2 in september? me too...

We took a cab to St. Catherines beach last time also. One thing I wanted to mention is that when we were there, there was an undertow, and also, there was a quick drop off, where the water sudden was over your head. Inexperienced ocean swimmers should keep this in mind.

Hi smeyer! Sadly, we cancelled QM2 a few months back when it seemed my union would go on strike (we didn't :) ) We thought about rebooking (there are tremendous deals on that cruise right now -I think I got an email that said book an inside @$799, get upgraded to one of the hull balconies for the same price!)- but we had such a blast in Bermuda on the Spirit in May that we booked the Crown instead. Enjoy QM2, she's incomparable. One of our very favorite ships...

Hi smeyer! Sadly, we cancelled QM2 a few months back when it seemed my union would go on strike (we didn't :) ) We thought about rebooking (there are tremendous deals on that cruise right now -I think I got an email that said book an inside @$799, get upgraded to one of the hull balconies for the same price!)- but we had such a blast in Bermuda on the Spirit in May that we booked the Crown instead. Enjoy QM2, she's incomparable. One of our very favorite ships...

I paid less for a hull Balcony(slightly)...we sailed on the Crown which I loved but we had an owners suite(butler is great)...only room with a Balcony on the Crown....There was a flash special on the QM that they have taken down...Its strange because the July 4th trip on the Qm is overbooked!!

Archived