What would encourage you to DRESS UP for formal night?

OuiOnboard

Since when do hosts charge you for coming to dinner like Princess does? We are paying several thousands dollars for the privilege of them asking me to dress up twice for dinner :D

I am dressing up for formal nights but I thought your comment was funny.

Well. . .let's see. I can think of several hosted functions where people pay and are still asked to dress appropriately (i.e the ballet, opera and symphony as well as political fundraisers, etc.). I wouldn't dream of insulting my host, and fellow attendees, for those functions so why would I do it on a cruise?

We don't need any more encourgement to "dress up" on formal nights but we'd feel a lot better if Princess provided one picture at half price or free for portraits taken in formalware.

Yes, I agree with you 100%! :D

I don't have a problem dressing up, I love it. But to answer OP question, maybe if they offered one free portrait per cabin on formal nights that would encourage some to dress appropriately.

Like some other posters, I tend to go along with the rules, although as a retiree, I don't have much needs for formal clothes. But on our last cruise, my friend had a photo taken of the two of us at dinner on formal night. She bought a "package" and gave me a good sized picture and frame. It's really a good of both of us, and I'm so glad I was dressed appropriately.

Have already selected two outfits for formal nights on the Star.

First time cruiser here.

I love to get all gussie up! However what is the benefit of this for my hubby.

Is the formal night food much better? That would certainly be a encouragement for him to get gussied up too. I freeze anywhere I go due to anemia. Thank you so much for the warning. I am taking shawls now!

First time cruiser here.

I love to get all gussie up! However what is the benefit of this for my hubby.

Is the formal night food much better? That would certainly be a encouragement for him to get gussied up too. I freeze anywhere I go due to anemia. Thank you so much for the warning. I am taking shawls now!

Benefit for hubby??? Tell him that a man in a tux usually has more fun after dinner than during.. :D:D

A free cruise..thats it. We usually skip them. Can't be bothered packing/carrying the requisite clothing, and the last thing that we want to do on a cruise is get dressed up. Pleased though, that others have the opportunity to do so if they so wish.

Archived