What would encourage you to DRESS UP for formal night?

OuiOnboard

I love to dress up for formal nights. The only problem I have is with the packing of the garment. I used to pack beautiful dresses but they became too bulky for packing. Now, I have resorted to formal pants and glittery tops. Much prefer dresses, but tired of worring about wrinkled dresses.

I dress up. I love it. I wear sweats and race T-shirts in my daily life. I'm a writer and I work from home so going on a cruise is a chance to look my best and enjoy myself. My summer wardrobe is more extensive than my winter because I cruise.

I love dressing up after a 40 pound weight loss(not done yet...thanks Jenny Craig)! I feel like my old self and am happy to finally feel good in a dress again.

My whole family likes to dress up. On our last cruise my kids (14 and 10) had their picture taken together on formal night. It's so beautiful we did the Princess portrait canvas of the picture. It's at the framer now and I can't wait to hang it in our house. My kids look stunning and happy - in nice clothes no less...not soccer uniforms!!

The issue of being cold was resolved in the Princess gift shop with their $10 shawls in every color imaginable!

I don't have a problem dressing up, I love it. But to answer OP question, maybe if they offered one free portrait per cabin on formal nights that would encourage some to dress appropriately.

But, I would not like for my DH suffer from the heat.

I guess I should have been more explicit. I was referring to wearing shirt ,tie, suit/tux when the temps in the dining rooms are SOMETIMES more suited to the shorts,sandals and t-shirt wearers. I know...I know...I just remove my jacket but that sort of defeats the purpose , for me. :)

We always DRESS for formal nights.

But if they would turn down the thermostat on formal nights, it would sure increase my comfort level.

.....Oui

losing weight so I could fit into my some of my nice suits......77 days to go and 20 more pounds.....

We're "dressing up" basically because we have to if we want to eat in the dining room. We did casual at the buffet last time but it just didn't cut it for dinner.

There is really nothing that could be done to encourage me to dress up - that is make me want to. I am just not a dress up kind of person. It has never "done" anything for me. I usually just feel uncomfortable the whole time - not physically, more mentally - I just don't feel like "me" dressed up.

p.s. I have absolutely nothing against anyone who enjoys dressing up. If you like to, go for it! It's just not for me! As I said, I'm doing it because I have to (and yes I've looked into NCL :) - they just didn't have a cruise we wanted).

I guess I should have been more explicit. I was referring to wearing shirt ,tie, suit/tux when the temps in the dining rooms are SOMETIMES more suited to the shorts,sandals and t-shirt wearers. I know...I know...I just remove my jacket but that sort of defeats the purpose , for me. :)

Sticky situation in the making here - the guys are too warm with all the clothes involved in getting dressed up, and we gals have to wear a shawl or some other cover-up to not get chilled if the temp in the dining room is comfortable for the guys.

But getting dressed up is fun for many of us who normally wear casual clothes or don't have many opportunities to get really gussied up. Besides, everyone looks so nice in their party clothes. The atmosphere is different on formal nights.

I'd rather it be cooler temps in the DR, lounges, etc. - we women can always wear shawls, jackets, and the like, and still be formal, but I would hate for my DH to be so uncomfortable that he didn't want to dress up. We both love dressing up, but I think having it be very warm might DISCOURAGE my DH.

The issue of being cold was resolved in the Princess gift shop with their $10 shawls in every color imaginable!

I agree with this.. I was freezing in the Explorer's Lounge one night, so

right before showtime I ran to the gift shop and got another $10 shawl.

I already had 4 or 5 at home from Las Vegas, Bidoux Bidoux, or whatever

the name is, that $10 store in Vegas. Same shawls on the ship.

Yes, they're warm too.

The fact that my host, Princess, has asked me to is enough for me.

Since when do hosts charge you for coming to dinner like Princess does? We are paying several thousands dollars for the privilege of them asking me to dress up twice for dinner :D

I am dressing up for formal nights but I thought your comment was funny.

.. is great to look forward too when dressed formally. It just feels so much better gliding around the dance floor with my wife or getting stuck into full on tango.

Only 28 days until we're aboard the Grand.

Peter

Archived