West Palm vs FLL Airport

bld16

Anyone ever use West Palm Beach airport to cruise out of FLL. The airline tickets are running about 100 less per person right now. It looks to be about 45 miles north of FLL. We would be flying in the day before cruise. Would we eat up the savings $ in transportation to FLL. There are at least 6 of us and maybe 13. Depending on who decides to drive.

Thanks.

Transporting that many people and luggage from there to FLL could very well eat up that savings. Transportation has gone up quite a bit with the price of gas rising, and with that many people, and a lot of luggage, you would need two vans to get you to the port. Even SuperShuttle would cost over $100 with that many people.

Darcie,

Thanks for the info. $100 each way for each van? That might still save us $900 in the long run with all the airline tickets. But is it really feasible?

West Palm is quite a ways from Lauderdale. I would check into renting a car or van depending on how many you've got. Then check into drop off. I know of one rental company -in Lauderdale - that provides free ride to port. You could drop everyone & luggage then drop car off. Cab(s) from Palm Beach would be quite high!

Anyone ever use West Palm Beach airport to cruise out of FLL. The airline tickets are running about 100 less per person right now. It looks to be about 45 miles north of FLL. We would be flying in the day before cruise. Would we eat up the savings $ in transportation to FLL. There are at least 6 of us and maybe 13. Depending on who decides to drive.

Thanks.

I have no clue if you can do this but look into taking tri-rail from west palm to the ft lauderdale airport and then book a transfer from the airport to the port.....Like I said I am not sure if you can even do this but tri-rail is dirt cheap. ....here is the web site...u may have to call them up to find out..

http://www.tri-rail.com/index.htm

I have a family of 5 and have used tri-rail! I think it is great! We fly standby because it's cheap(FREE). Last time I flew into West Palm Beach and the wife flew into Fll and Our Luggage flew into MIA. There are big luggage racks on the train to put your luggage. There are also cops on the train. Not only for safety but to make sure everyone buys a ticket. It is safe and fun. And the whole family is only less then a twenty$$$$$$$$$$$$

W. Palm vs. FLL... FLL is close to Miami port right? 1/2 hour ride... W. Palm is further away?

It really depends on traffic...Its about 30-35 miles....if you hit it on the weekend you can make it in 30-45 mins....during the week could take an hour to an hour an a half.

WPB is about 45 miles north....

Of course I make from Sebastain, Fl to Port Everglades in about an hour and 45 mins so I maybe the wrong person to ask.

WPB is exactly 50 miles from FLL. Drive it and do it all the time. Just got back from there. Inlaws have a condo in North Palm Beach. Easy ride on 95 unless there is a lot of traffic like first thing in the a.m or 5 p.m. rush hour! WPB is a great airport I love to fly into there! Not as busy!! Good Luck!

If you can save a substantial amount on your flights into PBI (Palm Beach), then the options mentioned will save you some money. It is about 45 miles from Fort Lauderdale, but very do-able.

Flying into Fort Lauderdale is always the best option as Port Everglades is less than two miles from the airport.

As info, FLL is located in Fort Lauderdale, NOT Hollywood. Fort Lauderdale my hometown so I definitely know where the airport is located. I fly into both FLL and PBI frequently - both for cruising and visits. You're really going to have to put a pencil to this and determine if the savings in worth the bit of inconvenience and longer drive.

Best of luck!

Archived