HA Tiles ?

Bucky3

Who receives these? Are they different for each cruise, ship, itinerary? Our first HA cruise was on Oosterdam in March of 2005, and the second was on Volendam to Alaska in May. We did not receive tiles on either trip. Perhaps they are given to passengers who have been on several HA cruises?

Bucky,

You should have received tiles on your second cruise. Did you or your TA indicate that you are a Mariner? There is a place on the Immigration form for this. Do you have a Mariner number? If not go to the HAL website to retrieve your number (in the Mariner section).

Once you have the number, contact HAL and tell them that you did not get your tiles for the last cruise. They should mail them to you. You can see examples of many of the different tiles on this board. Try searching using "Mariner tiles"

GN

Bucky,

Once you have the number, contact HAL and tell them that you did not get your tiles for the last cruise. They should mail them to you. You can see examples of many of the different tiles on this board. Try searching using "Mariner tiles"

GN

It would also help to have your booking number for your Volendam cruise handy when you contact HAL. I had to do this after our Oosterdam cruise in January but received my tiles within a few days. Don't know what I'll ever do with 'em but I wanted them.

To answer the rest of the question:

The tile on any given cruise should be one of a ship with the same name---not necessarily the same ship you are on. The tile design changes from year to year.

As everyone has said, you usually receive the tiles on your second HAL cruise. Right now, we are using ours as coasters when company comes over. When we were on the Statendam in 2005 on the South Pacific cruise, we met a couple from Mexico. They are platinum mariners and have received MANY tiles from all their cruising. The wife had commissioned someone and made a coffee table and two end tables setting many of the tiles for her living room. Now that is what I call a real HAL fan!

You should have recieved tiles as stated during your second cruise. You can email the Mariner Society on the HAL website and they should send you some tiles. To see the all the tiles which have been issued to date go to the following HAL website: http://www.hollandamerica.com/mariner/marinerTegels.do

bruce, Thanks for the link:) I did not know that this web page even existed. I think it is great. I quickly checked to look at the tile I got from the Ryndam and it is correct and different from the one I got on the Ryndam in 2004. How Fun.

We're going to have a splash guard set all around our kitchen counters with our tiles. I love them and think they'll look Great used that way.

Sail, that is exactly what we are going to do. My kitchen is already white and blue. My counter top is the corian with the blue trim so the tiles look great with it.:)

Thanks bruceh4 for that fascinating link!

Interesting that on my 2003 ZUIDERDAM cruise, I got a 2002 ZUIDERDAM tile.

I envy those of you who have enough of these to tile your kitchen backsplash with them :) !

Yes various years of tiles show up on some cruise's. What is not shown on this site are all the special tiles which are issued for a specific cruise. For instance on my last cruise of the pacific (62 days) we received a tile which was twice as wide as a normal tile and had a map of the whole cruise on it. I have also received tiles for going aroundSouth America showing the itinerary.

I envy those of you who have enough of these to tile your kitchen backsplash with them :) !

Doug, We do not have near enough but we are working hard to collect them;) Since we do not plan on moving. We may be able to accomplish this in 3 to 4 years:D

Archived