Animated Image: Victory passing under Verrazano Bridge NYC

Majestic-NJ

This was an awsome site so I thought I would share it. Took the pics coming back into NYC this past Saturday July 17th early in the AM. We were on deck 7 Empress Cat 11 Suite cabin 7282 Port side.

It looks as though Victory barely fits under the bridge!

BTW: Seeing the statue of liberty on the way in was a great moment. I took a LOT of pictures of it. :)

Click here to see the animated graphic. It's about 1.5 megabytes.

http://www.majesticnetworks.net/images/verrazano-victory.gif

Fred

Great pics ...... At around what time in the AM was that? Its amazing isnt it I didnt think the Golden Princess would clear the bridge but it did. But I dont remember it being as light outside it was pretty dark when we went under the VZ bridge.

Sailing out of NYC has to be one of the biggest thrills ever. We were in an aft balcony passing under the Verrazano and a trucker was waving to us and pulling his air horn!

Coming back we were in dense fog and the bridge appeared very suddenly. My DD took some great pics.

Thanks for sharing yours.:D

Sailing out of NYC has to be one of the biggest thrills ever. We were in an aft balcony passing under the Verrazano and a trucker was waving to us and pulling his air horn!

Coming back we were in dense fog and the bridge appeared very suddenly. My DD took some great pics.

Thanks for sharing yours.:D

We came back in very dense fog too and it was some of the BEST pics....looks as if the bridge is rising out of the clouds. It was also sunrise so the fog over the city had a yellowish hue and it made wonderful pictures! They look almost like the old fashioned sepia colored photos.

Nice job Majestic!!

Guest LetMeGo
Does anyone know the actual clearance between the ship and the bottom of the bridge?

I can only estimate it as 45' - 50' based on the height of the Spirit-Class ships (approx. 177') and the maximum height of the bridge (228')... There can't be that much difference between the ships.

Archived