Injury and Rollaways on the Triumph

cruzn06

Months ago my family booked two rooms on the Triumph for an upcoming sailing with our primary concern for rooms that we sleep 6 total and the rooms be connecting. I was told the rooms were "triples" and the agent explained to me about uppers (during one of our conversations, may not have been at booking). The booking is no longer with the original Carnival agent.

Now I found out that the rooms are just regular 6A rooms that will have a rollaway for the third person. How on earth will each room have enough space for a rollway and for the connecting door to open? And for people to have room to walk?

Even worse, I have an injury, and at the time of sailing I will have my fiberglass cast off but will be in a walking cast. I'll probably be off crutches at the time but navigating in close quarters sounds difficult.

I have only been on the Fantasy, also 6A category but with just 2 people. Are the rooms on the Triumph the same size? One room will have three children, the other will have two adults (beds together) and one child.

Is this workable? If not, is there anything I can do about it?

Guest YesitDonna

My friend was on the Inspiration with me with 5 people in an outside cabin. They had two lower made into a queen... two uppers and a roll away and they managed just fine.

I am going to respectfully disagree with the other posters on this thread. Your floor space is going to be very limited. Yes, there is room, but because of the size of the bathrooms Carnival cabins are not as large as you think.

Make sure to take a flashlight or night light to avoid crawling all over each other at night.

We had a rollaway when we took our teenage granddaughter on a cruise a few years ago on the Norwegian Sea...MUCH smaller cabins than Carnival. In our case, yes, it was crowded at night but our steward had it closed and out of the way for the entire day ASAP every morning. I don't remember it being a pain but then I knew it was what we were getting. That was a great trip, too, by the way!

Don't let it worry you or ruin your trip. It will all work out I'm sure.

I am going to respectfully disagree with the other posters on this thread. Your floor space is going to be very limited. Yes, there is room, but because of the size of the bathrooms Carnival cabins are not as large as you think.

Make sure to take a flashlight or night light to avoid crawling all over each other at night.

For 3 people in a 6A Destiny-class ship?? I seriously doubt it will be an issue..

What about 4 people in a triple on the Destiny? We (4 of us) are booked into cabin 9179 on the Destiny. we were told it was a quad, but in fact is a triple balcony cabin (category 8D). We will have the 2 beds pushed together, an upper and a rollaway. How crowded will this be?

What about 4 people in a triple on the Destiny? We (4 of us) are booked into cabin 9179 on the Destiny. we were told it was a quad, but in fact is a triple balcony cabin (category 8D). We will have the 2 beds pushed together, an upper and a rollaway. How crowded will this be?

Should work just fine if you limit your total luggage for all four people to one carryon bag. Otherwise invision a telphone booth on its side.

Where does the rollaway go when it's set up in the room? I'm just concerned whether I will have a clear walkway from the bed to/from the bathroom and closet when the rollaway is set up. With a leg cast it can be hard to navigate in close quarters.

Does anyone know if 6A on the Triumph is the same size of room as 6A on the Fantasy?

Thanks for all the responses so far.

We had 5 in one cabin on the Celebration (oceanview) as well as on the Victory (balcony). We had a rollaway both times. Our stewards folded up the rollaway but did not remove it from our cabins. Didn't bother us, as we are not in the cabin during the day. (we did spend a lot of time on the balcony, but I don't consider that the cabin.) At night when the rollaway was unfolded, it was crowded, no doubt about it. In fact, it was very difficult to get to the bathroom with the rollaway unfolded. I don't see how you will be able to get to the bathroom at night. The night light helps, but it doesn't give you more space. Just pray you don't have to go to the bathroom during the night and you will be ok. Good luck.

We had 5 in one cabin on the Celebration (oceanview) as well as on the Victory (balcony). We had a rollaway both times. Our stewards folded up the rollaway but did not remove it from our cabins. Didn't bother us, as we are not in the cabin during the day. (we did spend a lot of time on the balcony, but I don't consider that the cabin.) At night when the rollaway was unfolded, it was crowded, no doubt about it. In fact, it was very difficult to get to the bathroom with the rollaway unfolded. I don't see how you will be able to get to the bathroom at night. The night light helps, but it doesn't give you more space. Just pray you don't have to go to the bathroom during the night and you will be ok. Good luck.

I guess as soon as I was injured I should have been calling to see if we could change cabins but I haven't been getting around very well and 1) thought I would be better by then and 2) I didn't realize that we didn't have uppers. As it is the vacation is a huge splurge for us and I can't imagine spending more than we already are.

I'm wondering how the connecting doors will work out for us. There must be a door on each side that opens in?

Next I need to figure out shore excursions... No climbing Dunn's River Falls for me.

I think the cabin is big enough, even with a rollaway, that you'll be able to get around it okay even when it's up. Believe me, if we had no major problems in a Sea ocv (notoriously small cabins) you'll do fine. Our bed was just folded and put to the side during the day. If I remember correctly, he put a little fitted cover over it. It really wasn't in our way during the day at all.

We did 5 to an inside cabin. But kept the beds that are on the floor seperated-- puttin gthem together takes up a lof of the middle floor space. After the first night we did away with the roll away and just kept the mattress for the floor. That way if anyone had to get up-- theyjsut tripped over the mattress and not stubbed toes or feet on the beds.

3 to an oceanview cabin is totally doable.

Even with a rollaway the cabin is still a triple cabin. the agent should have told you that booking a guarantee you stand a very good chance of getting a cabin that will require a rollaway

If I am not mistaken the third person would sleep on the couch. The back pulls out and is made into a bed. I would verify that this is true. We took our daughter on a few cruises and she slept on the couch each time.

If I am not mistaken the third person would sleep on the couch. The back pulls out and is made into a bed. I would verify that this is true. We took our daughter on a few cruises and she slept on the couch each time.

We'll have a couch? I didn't realize that. We didn't have a couch on the Fantasy. My agent checked with Carnival and they said the third person would have a rollaway.

Cruzn, do you know what your cabin numbers are? I have the brochure and can look to see if your cabins have pull-downs or couches that fold into beds or if they will require a rollaway.

1365 and 1367

Well, looks like no pull-downs and no pull-out couch. If the child in your room is small, they may be able to sleep on the regular couch. I'd ask the cabin steward about it, I'm not sure what the policy would be. They might allow it, considering your injury, and then you won't have to worry about tripping over a rollaway in the middle of the night. Here's a link to Carnival's webpage with the virtual tours of the Triumph:

http://carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/Virtual_Tours_Triumph.aspx

And here is a link to the deck plans for the Triumph:

http://carnival.com/Deck_Plans.aspx?shipCode=TI

6a rooms on the Triumph are the biggest rooms you can get that aren't suites. You'll be pleasantly surprised by the size, should be no problems.

False info!! A 6E is the biggest you can get w/o buying a suite. Also the 2465 and 2462 are also just as big.

A 6A is equivalent to balcony in terms of inside space, then you can add a blaconly to that.

Archived