Globaliser?

I am planning a post cruise stay in London July/07. I know it it early but I like to plan. I am trying to figure out different areas and prices of London to look at. I have looked at Comfort Inn Buckingham Palace Rd (can get for 69 pounds advanced booking for 2007) and Victoria Park Plaza on Vauxhall Bridge Rd (not able to price for 2007 so used 2006 price of 89 pounds). They are within 20 pounds of each other. Is there one that you would choose over the other.

I don't think I've got anything much to add to what other people have said. I don't know many London hotels very well; there are thousands of the things here, and I drive or go past many different hotels all the time without ever having much idea of what lies beyond the front door.

The only thing I can say is that I think that, of these two, the Victoria Park Plaza is more conveniently located. If I were at the Comfort Inn, I think I'd be irritated to be walking that far from the Tube every time I wanted to go "home" or go out, when it's not a very interesting walk. This is partly driven by the fact that a Comfort Inn is nothing special (nor does it look particularly special, judging from the photos on the website). But there are many good hotels that are that far from a Tube station, so it wouldn't be a determinative factor.

(BTW, to get a good handle on where anything is, find its full postcode and then go to http://www.streetmap.co.uk - the UK postcoding system is very specific and in a city a full postcode will usually locate the building concerned to well within 50 yards, and often much more precisely.)

I don't think that you necessarily could rely on the Comfort Inn being quiet, BTW. Having a look at TripAdvisor, noise is something which seems to have been mentioned by a number of people.

HTH!

Archived