Sail & Sign / Seapass Cards

Carlene

Well, this was a popular section on the previous board, and it's fun finding out how others memorialize their past cruises.

I have ever cruise card from all 19 cruises. I've attached small magnets to them and they are displayed on a large magnet board in my computer/den/ guest room. Also have the Captains Club prior level card and a soda card from Carnival. The room cards have sailing info, and some have pictures of the ship sailed on, Princess does that.

What other great memorial ideas do you have?

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Carlene

Summit Repo - Vacouver/San Diego 09/17/04

I have every one of my S&S cards from Paradise, plus the ones from Adventure of the seas and Navigator of the seas. I have 2 of the soda cards from CCL and 1 concierge lounge keycard for crown&anchor members, all in the card and picture areas of my wallet.

My S&S cards are all in my photo albums. We always buy a mug on each ship and have them all on display. They had only oversized mugs on the Spirit and we were very disappointed. But during the sale the last couple days, they put out a few leftover mugs that were the right size (although wrong itinerary and had Miami misspelled) and we bought a couple.

I have all my seapass cards and flight tickets .... I put them in a shadow box on my wall of each trip, I have added baggage tags and pictures to fill it all in.. Many people who come to visit me love to look at them.. And I have some of the old real glasses Rccl gave out, two differant sets of six. And most of all I have Rccl staff pins. Yes, I have gotten some of the staff memebers to give up there staff pins to me. I have two so far.. I also have our table number card from Visions of the Sea first time cruise, with our waiters signature on it.. Antonio... He was the best waiter we have every had.... Hope to find him again on our ventures.. 7_2_117.gif

I have my cards and when I went on my first cruise I kept the packages from the snacks that I had on my flight. I even have the wrapper from one of the mints that were left on my pillow. I like the idea for making the cards into magnets. I collect magnets from all of the places that I go and didn't get one from the ship on my first cruise. I also got sand and seashells from the differant islands and am going to make them into shadowboxes with the postcards from there as well.

• 4 months later...

First Time Cruiser here...I decided to keep my S&S card as a little keepsake of our first cruise...my husband and myself, we keep ours in our wallet, I tried to put them in a scrapbook..but the cards kept falling out of the plastic covers. That idea did not work out that well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I lost my SeaPass Card in the LA airport on my return from my cruise on the Jewel in June. If anyone sees it on Ebay or finds it, I'd love to get it back. I scrapbook all of my cruises, and I feel like my scrapbook is missing a real gem.... :(

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Some of them i have in my wallet too.

I have the July 2004 seapass in my wallet too.:D All the rest are saved in a box. I just forgot where the box is. That happens after you reach 40 years old. LOL:eek: Anyway I keep everything. Seapass cards, airline tickets, Daily compass, postcards, etc. My DH says I'm a ratpack and threatens to throw everything away one day. I will have a fit if he ever does that. :eek: :eek: :eek:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have only been on 2 cruises but I have kept EVERYTHING. The bars of soup,napkins,drink of the day glasses,the pillow chocolates,the bags from the gift shop. anything with the logo on them.

Bars of soup, never heard of them. What kind did you get, chicken noodle? Mushroom? :D

We have all of our sail and sign cards from our 11 previous crusies filled away in the file cabinet.

Cruised on the Delta Queen, Mississippi Queen and the American Queen, Carnival, NCL, Royal Caribbean and with Holland America. We are not loyal to a vessel or cruise line but take the cruise based soley on the itinerary first and than factor in cost and accommodations.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've searched and search, trying not to appear stupid but.... ; ) where do I go to fill out my forms for my sign and sail card? Come on now, be nice, I'm OLD, I forgot....

How to get to it... First go to Rccl site... Rccl.com then you'll see tabs marked before boarding.. click on it.. then go to boarding doc's.. and fill them out.. and print them ... your done.. Hope this helps you out..

Okay, Thank you very much. This is 2 full sheets of paper, right?

I did that already, but last summer my DD and I went on the Carnival Cruise Line, we had a differant type (about 1/4 sheet of paper) and that was what I was searching for! ; )

I do appreciate your help, now I can stop looking. lol

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

today we disembarked from Celebrity Mercury and we had to hand in our Sail card as the machine was not working. previously the cruise director had said that we would be keeping the card at disembarkation. however, if the machine is broken they have to take the cards. this is my very first time that I had to turn in my card and I know other passengers were unhappy about this too.

• 1 month later...

I'd heard about some cruise lines requiring that you surrender your card upon disembarkation. What some passengers have done (and what I will do on my next cruise), is go to the purser's office mid-week and tell them you lost your card. They'll issue a new one, and deactivate the 'lost' card. You can then squirrel away the 'lost' card for scrapbooking purposes and go on your merry way.

That will work until the cruiseline starts charging for replacement cards.

T

Archived