Sail & Sign / Seapass Cards

Carlene

I'd heard about some cruise lines requiring that you surrender your card upon disembarkation. What some passengers have done (and what I will do on my next cruise), is go to the purser's office mid-week and tell them you lost your card. They'll issue a new one, and deactivate the 'lost' card. You can then squirrel away the 'lost' card for scrapbooking purposes and go on your merry way.

That will work until the cruiseline starts charging for replacement cards.

T

I'd pay as that is my "Souvinor". I don't buy a lot of "stuff" so I get stamps, currency, photos and my cards. So far Princess doesn't charge for theirs. And the only port they "kept" of any of our cruises was Gal, TX.

Note that Princess is now confiscating cruise cards upon disembarking the ships. Plan ahead.

From Princess Disembarkation Information Sheet from the Sapphire Princess, October 4th 2008 (thanks to brightfeather):

IMPORTANT SECURITY REMINDER

When finally disembarking the ship, all passengers are to produce their "Cruise Card" and "colored luggage stub" at the gangway when they disembark. This applies to all passengers including those intransit and sailing onboard during the next voyage. After passing through the security you are welcome to keep your Cruise Card as a souvenir of your cruise with us

• 5 years later...

Archived