Format change?

verwirrt

You can also change the way you view the posts by going to "Display Mode" at the top of the email form.

BTW, is it me or have you seen the dates and times posted in the future? I keep on wondering how I can see someone's post from 2:30 this afternoon when it's only 12:15 ET now.

Haven't noticed change in format, but don't care for the time as shown - it is way off. Perhaps they are using GMT? Set mine for PDT, not sure why so far off.

Don't care for the "today" yesterday" bit either - but, not my website!

Michael

BTW, is it me or have you seen the dates and times posted in the future? I keep on wondering how I can see someone's post from 2:30 this afternoon when it's only 12:15 ET now.
The board software has a neat feature which allows you to set the times always to show in your own local time. You do that from the same Edit Options page - "Date and Time Options" is the section you're looking for. Set the time zone to yours, and also remember to choose whether you want daylight saving time adjustments made automatically.

I think that the board defaults to GMT until you choose your own time, as it (or rather the proper modern name of UTC, Universal Coordinated Time) is universal time for everyone, after all.

Don't care for the "today" yesterday" bit either - but, not my website!
It does mean you can identify posts made in the last 24-48 hours easily, without having to go through the three-stage mental exercise of:-
  • Read the date in the post.
  • Work out what the date is today.
  • Compare the two dates.

Very handy for people like me who seldom know what the date is today (or even the day of the week) - I love this.

Archived