Where does HAL dock in Istanbul?

Live4cruises

Our upcoming cruise on Prinsendam ends in Istanbul. Does anyone know if HAL docks on the Europe side, Asia side, or if it varies by availability?

Are the big name attractions (Hagia Sophia, Topkapi . . .) walkable from port?

Thanks!

OK, now I hope I can tantalize SOMEbody out there in cyber-space to help answer some questions about Prinsendam's cruise from Rome to Istanbul !!! We need Grumpy ! Maybe if we all cheer at the same time he will hear us wherever he is cruising !!! OK, on which continent DO we dock? I want to stay on for 3 nights because, if you look carefully at the schedule, we dock at 3 pm and will be "evicted' at 8 in the morning ! Now then, tell me what sight(s) will we see in Istanbul ? (ans. a dinner in the darkened city where we will be entertained by a belly dancer !) (Check the onshore excursions). We will not be able to see any other sight without staying AT OUR OWN EXPENSE at a hotel which is nameless to me whenever I ask my "cruise consultant" at HAL. He does not show any sign of being willing to work with a local travel agent. I feel that I am being left-out and being forced to fend for myself by making my own air flight to Rome, my own air flight from Istanbul, my own hotel arrangements, my own transportation to Istanbul because HAL only provides transportation to the airport, etc. Now I am not a first time traveler---in fact I have travelled on my own since 1957 as a student. But, this whole trip has me flummoxed. So far I have not even received a bill !!! Can you imagine----however, maybe when they do send the bill and I pay it I will be offered some service ! Heeeelllllp !

Our upcoming cruise on Prinsendam ends in Istanbul. Does anyone know if HAL docks on the Europe side, Asia side, or if it varies by availability?

Are the big name attractions (Hagia Sophia, Topkapi . . .) walkable from port?

Thanks!

When we we there on Prinsendam in OCT 04, we docked at Salipazari Terminal (on the European side), a 15 minute walk from the Galata bridge which crosses the Golden Horn. The terminal is located on the eastern side of the Golden Horn. Most of the big name attractions, Haghia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, the Blue Mosque and the Grand Bazaar are located in the the Sultanahmet district of the old city (the western side of the Golden Horn). If you're not on a tour, you will need a taxi to get there. Have a great cruise!

I am so glad I clicked on that link, Tom. I had forgotten about both those songs; now I'll be hearing them in my head all day. :)

That's a nice change of pace from the usual repertoire going on in there. :D

Fizzy, Any news from HAL or your TA yet? I thought final payment day was last Friday? You're showing a lot of patience - Good luck!

Copper, thanks for the info. We are located now. Our hotel for post-eviction icon10.gif is in Sultanahmet, so it shouldn't be too far. But YES, we will get a cab!

We need Grumpy ! Maybe if we all cheer at the same time he will hear us wherever he is cruising !!! ! Heeeelllllp !
Dang! i heard that cheer... or was it a Bronx cheer?... all the way over in Copenhagen. Give me another day to get home and I'll start catching up on the roll call threads for our upcoming cruises. Gee, it's nice to be needed:o

Archived