Veendam Laundry Questions

I am asking for a friend who is traveling on the Veendam in July to Alaska. I haven;'t cruised HAL lately and want to be sure I am giving her good information.

(1) Does the Veendam offer the "fill a bag to capacity and we'll launder it for a flat rate" offer (usually the offer is made on day 5 or something on a 7-day cruise)?

(2) What are the self-serve laundry facilities like? Are there vending machines to purchase laundry soap?

Thanks!!

Lisa,

I've use the self-service laundries on Veendam. When you put the money in the washer ($2 or $3, don't remember exactly), the detergent is dispensed thru a tube. You can also select to have fabric softener added.

Roz

Last August when I was on the Veendam I used the laundry facility=my room was right across the hall

The front desk will give you change (quarters) and there is an iron with a small board.....hopefully they did not discontinue supplying the iron due to fire hazard.

CJcruzer

Laundry by the Bag is available at any time (there may be a cut off as to how late in the cruise they can accomodate). As much as you can stuff in the bag for one price.

Also, there are multiple self service laundry facilities onboard. They are noted on the deck plans.

Archived