Different Dining Times...Advice

AlohaPride

I'm actually excited to sign up for the dining. I booked so early that I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can request a great table at a good time. However, I heard that the dining times are only a half hour apart. Do you have to order and eat in that half hour before the next wave of people comes in? Please excuse my OBVIOUS stupidity on this matter.

:p

Hi Mary,

HAL used to have 2 dinner times early and late. Now they are staggered to help the kitchen keep food hot and help the serving crew. The 6 and 8 O'clock passengers use the upper level of the dining room, the 6:30 and 8:30 use the lower level. Both are beautiful. No difference except location. You may want to ask for a table by a window. The difference on Noordam is the upper level has the promenade deck just outside the windows, but you still have a great view of the ocean. The lower level just looks out to sea without the deck outside. It's usually harder to get early seatings because many of us older folk are used to eating early and some of us have medical problems which make early dinning necessary. We like the later seatings because we don't have to rush if we've been in port all day, and it takes me time to get ready for a formal night. If we get hungry we get a snack tray from room service (no charge), or go to one of the lounges for the free hot and cold hors d'ouerves which are served starting around 5pm. Don't wait too long to make your request, holiday sailings fill up fast.

GN

you didnt say what ship------------the odam is currently testing a early/ late dining pattern

the 2 early times are combined into 5:30/6:00--- you have to be seated anytime between those times -and the 2 late times are combined between 8/8:30 (may be off by 30 min)

I think the dining times on the ships except ODAM and Prinsendam

are:

Upper Level 5:45 P.M.

Lower Level 6:30

Upper Level 8:00

Lower Level 8:30

Except for Alaska that is correct.

Alaska backs all of those up 15 minutes.

Out of curiosity, why are the Alaskan cruises different?

Early to bed, early to rise....

Alaska is the one itinerary that even I (the one who prides herself on being the last passenger to call it a night) want to get up and enjoy The Great Land.

Archived