How Safe Are Aft Balconies?

Looking at a picture from a aft jr suite on the 6th deck, it looks like someone can climb right into your room. Is this at all possible. EOS ship, can people get out to the landing there. Is it accessible?

Have no idea why you would even question something like that but....I suppose if someone wanted to get into your cabin bad enough they would figure out a way whether that be climbing up the back of the ship or just knocking the door in.

I did not mean that. What it looks like from the navigator pics is that on the 6th deck, there is a deck that goes all they way level with your balcony, like you could hop over your balcony edge and walk on it. Did not know how accessible it was to people/crew? 1st cruise, very nervous, thats all.

Not a daft question.

We have some friends who had a chair taken from their balcony and the cabin steward insisted it was not him!!! This was from a radiance class ship, aft deck 7.

I believe that area you see is for crew for maintainance purposes only. We have been on Voyager/Explorer aft but on deck 10 and did not even realise deck 6 had that large area level with the cabins. It would make me think twice about leaving anything out on the balcony.

We had an aft JS booked on the Freedom Deck 7 but after seeing the infrastructure outside the balcony we moved back up to Deck 10, aft corner, D1. I didn't like the looks of the infrastructure and I'm sure if someone wanted to bad enough, they could walk across there to another balcony - however I'm sure that area is monitored with cameras. I just wasn't impressed with having all the infrastructure between me and the back of the ship. On the Jewel aft, I was never worried about someone coming in - we even slept with our patio door open!

Looking at a picture from a aft jr suite on the 6th deck, it looks like someone can climb right into your room. Is this at all possible. EOS ship, can people get out to the landing there. Is it accessible?

You could climb to anyones balcony. That is why you keep your door locked. People that cruise are usually good people though. The only thing that we have a problem with is when the people on the sides of you look around the wall because my wife lays out topless since she can't do it by the pool. She doesn't care that they look but when they have to work at it makes her mad. We have cabin 1700 (Aft Corner Deck 10) on Freedom in Oct and usually do get an aft deck 10 cabin. I wouldn't be too concerned with people climbing onto your balcony.

You could climb to anyones balcony. That is why you keep your door locked. People that cruise are usually good people though. The only thing that we have a problem with is when the people on the sides of you look around the wall because my wife lays out topless since she can't do it by the pool. She doesn't care that they look but when they have to work at it makes her mad. We have cabin 1700 (Aft Corner Deck 10) on Freedom in Oct and usually do get an aft deck 10 cabin. I wouldn't be too concerned with people climbing onto your balcony.

We have 1700 in July 2007. Let us know what you think about it! I've heard there is very little sun becuase of the overhang from the Windjammer - which is fine with us because we spend so much time in the sun when we are on a cruise we enjoy the shade of the balcony.

I did not mean that. What it looks like from the navigator pics is that on the 6th deck, there is a deck that goes all they way level with your balcony, like you could hop over your balcony edge and walk on it. Did not know how accessible it was to people/crew? 1st cruise, very nervous, thats all.
It's a crew area not a passenger area. I suppose if they were so inclined they could climb into your balcony.

Several years ago a friend of mine told me the story of his wife and their hot tub. They both would be in their hot tub au natural. It seems one afternoon she was in their hot tub & the teenage boy who lives next door (and whose bedroom window overlooked my friend's back yard & deck) had a friend of his over. The friend was looking out the window and was said to excitedly say, "there's a naked woman next door!!". The teenager who lived there didn't even bother getting up but simply said, "oh, that's Mrs. Rutherford", and went on about his business. Guess he'd seen her enough times it didn't faze him.

Archived