New Boards Concerns and Questions

balanceok

1. I tried to post my new review of the Zaandam and had to cut out more than 2/3rds of the review because of the new limit on post size. Is this permanent?
  2. There is no longer a Ship Review portion in the Message Boards Section. This was a great place for not only Reviews, but follow-up comments. I know Cruise Critic has a Review section, but often there is a long wait between submittal and when the reviews actually show up. Is this also permanent?

Just asking . . .

:confused:

I've also experienced long delays between submitting and posting of reviews on CC. The last one wasn't posted until I resubmitted some few months later.

As an easy option, submit your review on cruise-addicts where posting is immediate, then provide the link here. Of course, submit to CC, as well.

:)

Someone mentioned that there is now a limit of 10,000 characters for each posting. Ten thousand seems like a lot but you have to take into consideration every space, comma, etc., counts.

WE gave up some time trying to post reviews on the old system. It just never seemed to take.

So now we break everything down into segments and post it here.

:)

1. I tried to post my new review of the Zaandam and had to cut out more than 2/3rds of the review because of the new limit on post size. Is this permanent?
  2. There is no longer a Ship Review portion in the Message Boards Section. This was a great place for not only Reviews, but follow-up comments. I know Cruise Critic has a Review section, but often there is a long wait between submittal and when the reviews actually show up. Is this also permanent?

I'd also recommend breaking the review up into chunks. If you click on the link in my signature to my Jewel of the Seas review, in its new location on the RCI board, you'll see that it's not difficult to do. The board software will tell you by how much you've exceeded the limit in a post, so you can gauge how much to reduce the size of that chunk.

It's probably easiest to type the review in a word processing program, and then copy chunks across when posting, if you think it's going to be a long one that's likely to hit the 10,000 character limit.

As I understand it, there are no plans to reinstate the reviews forum. Laura was suggesting that people post to the relevant cruise line board as well as submitting the review to CC. The boards are now searchable, so it should be much easier to find all reviews regarding a ship. See Laura's post in this thread.

Archived