First Weigh-in of July!

Belle

Just to clarify..............My LONG term goal is to weigh 125-130 ( the "ideal") weight for my body frame is 134 so I would be very happy there. My short term goal right now is 190, that means I have 3 more pounds to go. Once I hit 190 I will work on seeing the 180's pass by and so forth. I am more committed than I have ever been before to lose these ugly pounds. I have also lost one size. I am now in a 16W, plus I have on one of my wedding bands that I have not worn in years.
Thanks to all you for your encouragement. Oh, by the way, my daughter has lost 12 pounds by changing her eating habits with me, counting her calories, and working in the yard. I am so proud of her. YEAH MELISSA!!!!!!!!!!!!

BrodyBarb, I am just 1 in shorter than you, that is great that you are 147. I will be thrilled once I can get into the 140's I have been in the 150's since the first of May, but then I did go on a cruise for 7 days and that put me back to the 160's. It is just so difficult to get it down. I will be 50 in November and that flab under the arms is hard to get rid of but in recent weeks they have started to firm up. When I got back from the cruise in May I purchased hand weights to use while on the treadmill. I tried the 1 lbs weights on the Oosterdam, then when I got home I bought 2 lbs weights it really gives you a work out. The other thing I started the first of June was swimming every evening when I get home from work. I can tell I have lost more inches,but the weight just does not want to leave.

BrodyBarb, keep up the great work You will make that 17 before you know it.

[b][i]LAFFNVEGAS: I can tell I have lost more inches, but the weight just does not want to leave.[/i][/b]
[b][/b]
You're probably losing fat and gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat doesn't it?
I think you're doing really well and seem disciplined and dedicated. Don't mind the scales so much as long as you're losing inches.
I feel guilty hearing your exercise program. I haven't exercised in over a week!!
I'm part of a dance group at my church and I need to be fit when we start practicing again:o so I'd better get to it.
I turned 42 in April - I started losing the weight when I turned 40 - I figured that if I didn't get this weight thing under control I would be over 200lbs by the time I reached 50 :eek:
I usually use 5lb weights and during my workout double them up on each arm, I love to work my arms, shoulders and back.
Be encourage...by my reckoning you have maybe 20lbs to lose by Nov. 1 - you can do it - one pound at a time.:)

It's official, 124 Friday am...before xcersiae....yeay! Now if I can keep my calories at or under 2100 for the weekend...

By the way, I needed to put that I am only 5'5" alongside my measurements...
:)

BrodyBarb, if u want to blast away the lbs more try increasing weight--you wont bulk up, I curl now 25lbs. I started with 8lb. bar tho. When i upped weights the weight really came off...goodbye flab! :)

[i][b]herbnjod: BrodyBarb, if u want to blast away the lbs more try increasing weight--you wont bulk up, I curl now 25lbs. I started with 8lb. bar tho. When i upped weights the weight really came off...goodbye flab![/b][/i]

Wow! That sounds like a good idea....do you mean bicep curl when you say you curl or do you do more with the 25lb weights?
How many reps do you end up doing to really shift the flab?
I don't mind bulking up a little. I like to see a well defined arm. (not too big tho')
They say that exercising muscle really speeds up your metabolism.
I may have to improvise with some gallon bottles for the moment though - I work out at home.
BTW
I was reading up on your weight loss via your previous posts but couldn't find a begininng.
Were you very heavy before? Your weight and measurements plus the height factor sounds as though you did something pretty amazing - not sure what though:) - do tell - if it's not too personal:o

Archived