miami - hyatt regency downtown

princess76021

Hi, we stayed at this hotel precruise last year, part of the inclusive package from Royal Caribbean, which included shuttles from the airport to the hotel and then onto the cruise terminal in the morning.

Hotel was good, our room was clean and tidy, the furniture and bedding etc., was in good condition albeit the room itself perhaps was a little bit tired............. no complaints at all - considering that I couldn't have afforded it if I had booked it directly myself from the UK!!

We arrived quite late, too late to eat downstairs, so used room service and must say the food was lovely - hotel prices but to be expected.

Only draw back with the RCCL package is that it did not include breakfast - which we found out after eating........ as do others on a regular basis we were informed. Not the cheapest breakfast in town but certainly value for money and our server had noticed that my teenage daughter had not had much to eat so only charged a child rate.

Again due to the number of guests in the hotel all seeming to be for the cruises, it was very busy in the foyer in the morning at check out time, but a nice way to meet people all going the same way as you! We seemed to have to hang around for ages, which meant that we could have checked out a little bit later than advised by the RCCL information received when we checked in.

Another note handy to know is that there is a little side desk/room around from main reception, as if you are walking to the conference centre, where the RCCL staff take your shuttle voucher and book you onto the buses by giving you a bus number... it was not clearly signed when we were there and no mention had been made at checkin that we needed to see the RCCL staff in the morning - had we known we would have probably been given an earlier bus number!

Again be aware that you will be asked to leave your luggage out side the main entrance when they start to call for passengers....... seems very weird to leave your suitcases unattended but it obviously worked....... as they take the luggage in a seperate van to the ships.... don't think it is compulsory but you might struggle to get it on the shuttle bus....

Anyway hope that prepares you, if you are going via the RCCL inclusive route.... if you are just doing it free style, you will have a lovely stay I am sure and probably beat all the others if you book your own taxi to the terminal. ENJOY!:D

Ruth.

Hi, we stayed at this hotel precruise last year, part of the inclusive package from Royal Caribbean, which included shuttles from the airport to the hotel and then onto the cruise terminal in the morning.

Hotel was good, our room was clean and tidy, the furniture and bedding etc., was in good condition albeit the room itself perhaps was a little bit tired............. no complaints at all - considering that I couldn't have afforded it if I had booked it directly myself from the UK!!

We arrived quite late, too late to eat downstairs, so used room service and must say the food was lovely - hotel prices but to be expected.

Only draw back with the RCCL package is that it did not include breakfast - which we found out after eating........ as do others on a regular basis we were informed. Not the cheapest breakfast in town but certainly value for money and our server had noticed that my teenage daughter had not had much to eat so only charged a child rate.

Again due to the number of guests in the hotel all seeming to be for the cruises, it was very busy in the foyer in the morning at check out time, but a nice way to meet people all going the same way as you! We seemed to have to hang around for ages, which meant that we could have checked out a little bit later than advised by the RCCL information received when we checked in.

Another note handy to know is that there is a little side desk/room around from main reception, as if you are walking to the conference centre, where the RCCL staff take your shuttle voucher and book you onto the buses by giving you a bus number... it was not clearly signed when we were there and no mention had been made at checkin that we needed to see the RCCL staff in the morning - had we known we would have probably been given an earlier bus number!

Again be aware that you will be asked to leave your luggage out side the main entrance when they start to call for passengers....... seems very weird to leave your suitcases unattended but it obviously worked....... as they take the luggage in a seperate van to the ships.... don't think it is compulsory but you might struggle to get it on the shuttle bus....

Anyway hope that prepares you, if you are going via the RCCL inclusive route.... if you are just doing it free style, you will have a lovely stay I am sure and probably beat all the others if you book your own taxi to the terminal. ENJOY!:D

Ruth.

thank you very much ruth. i hope you enjoyed your stay in our country. i will be flying in from texas. we have never cruised out of miami before. we will be cruising with carnival but i do appreciate all that you have told me.

We stayed at the Hyatt in March 2003. Got the room on Priceline. We had a corner room which was huge. The restaurant downstairs is expensive but there is a sandwich shop right across the street. Also, there is a Walgreen's nearby but don't believe they sell alcohol. Bayside is within walking distance but the front desk suggested we take a cab after dark which we did.

We stayed at the Hyatt in March 2003. Got the room on Priceline. We had a corner room which was huge. The restaurant downstairs is expensive but there is a sandwich shop right across the street. Also, there is a Walgreen's nearby but don't believe they sell alcohol. Bayside is within walking distance but the front desk suggested we take a cab after dark which we did.

thank you for your information. we are walkers so we will explore. i was just wondering if there is somewhere to buy wine that isn't too far. as you can tell i'm a wino and if i don't get it i will whine!!!:D ;)

Two out of three times we stayed there, we got a room with a view of the port. I think this hotel is very nice. A couple of years ago, our group got on the train (people mover) and went over to a Publix nearby. We just kept asking directions! Also took us to Bayside Market Place. This hotel is in a great location.

Janet

We are staying there in Sept as well...I believe for the same cruise.

I called the hotel the night I got it on Priceline, and requested a room facing the ports. They said no problem and noted it on our reservation.

Give them a call !

Good luck and see you there !

Sue and Rich

We are staying there in Sept as well...I believe for the same cruise.

I called the hotel the night I got it on Priceline, and requested a room facing the ports. They said no problem and noted it on our reservation.

Give them a call !

Good luck and see you there !

Sue and Rich

thanks sue, are you going on the sept 17 cruise on the elation?

maybe we can meet up. there are 4 of us!!!

We are going on the Freedom Sept 10th, but I will wave to ya when we are heading home :mad:

Sue

maybe we can make a game of it. maybe you can leave me a note somewhere:) no wait, i don't homeland security to come down on you or me. maybe we won;t;)

nicki

I bid 90.00 right off the bat. I had tried the day before starting at 75.00 then increased to 97.00 and they rejected. (go figure). So I just bid 90.00 and was accepted the first try on the next day.

I figured I was still getting a good deal since all the 4 star hotels are 150.00 or more that they list. The only thing I don't like is we have to pay for parking as we are driving from Sarasota.

Have you joined the roll call forum for our date? I am on the FOS as well for 9/10 . Forgive me in advance if you are already on that forum, I haven't gotten everyone's name down pat yet.

Will be nice to meet you !

Sue

as soon as I won the bid, I called and requested a king facing the port and they said no problem. (i called the hotel directly )

Good luck and let me know how it comes out.

Sue

Sue:

thanks for the info! Yes, I am on the roll call. We are in a hump balcony cabin, our first balcony! Can't wait!

On the hotel room, we can get the Intercontinental on Hotwire for $87./night, plus fees, so if I don't get something 3* or 4* on Priceline by that price, I will just go with the Intercontinental. We have stayed twice at the Holiday Inn Port right across from Bayside. It was nice, but the price is $110. plus taxes. We also stayed last year at the Sheraton, but they have since demolished that hotel for condos.

It will be great to meet you too! Always nice to put faces with names!

Won't be long now!

I would have grabbed that intercontinental price if I had known. I was hoping to get them when I bid on Priceline, but I am satisfied. I won't remember much anyways, as I will be so excited about that cruise I won't be able to sleep !

I can't believe it's July.....we are almost there !

Sue

Sue:

I just got our room, the Hyatt downtown on Priceline for a winning bid of $79.00. I was going to just go to Hotwire and do the Intercontinental at the $87.00, but figured I might as well try Priceline one more time. It worked. I thought it was farther north, not where it is. I will call them tonite and ask for a room overlooking the port too!

If you want to e-mail me direct, you can at debshomespun@hotmail.com to make some arrangements to meet sometime saturday evening!

Looking so forward to this cruise!

Very nice hotel. Our group got it on PL for $55 last Oct. We sailed right after the hurricane hit & many parts of the city were still without power.

Liquor stores are located within walking distance for wine or whatever.

Since I paid 90.00, I better get a room higher up than you ! hahaha:D

That will be GREAT ! I will email you, maybe we can venture out for dinner Saturday night !

Sue :o

• 2 weeks later...

Archived