Crown Princess Room Service

outbacksam

For those of you who have been on the Crown, or who are currently on the Crown, I have a few questions about room service.

1. Are you limited to the items already stated on the room service menu?

2. Are you able to order from the dining room menu after dinner time?

3. Are you able to order hot breakfast items that are not on the menu?

I have been reading these threads and the previous answers to these questions have been confusing to me so I am hoping to be able to have a consolidated pool of information.

Thanks!

Hi--Just got back from the Crown Maiden voyage. We ordered room service a lot. It seems you're limited to what's printed on the menu (in the Info Binder) in your room. It lists Assorted Cookie Platter though and we requested it and were told room service didn't offer it. ?? No hot food for breakfast. And if you want milk with your coffee (instead of cream) specify when ordering.

Wendy

True. It was stated numerous times on this board that we could not do this on the Sapphire and the Caribbean Princess so it is worth a try and probably worth more than one try. It depends on who answers the phone apparently.:)

Some earlier postings from Princess said that hot breakfast would be available for suites and minisuites on the Crown. Does anyone know if this is true?

Hot breakfasts are available for suites as are full lunches and dinners.

I was just on the Crown maiden voyage. I did not try to order anything from the dinner menu or hot breakfast as neither were on the room service menu. The continental breakfast they offered was not that great at all. I should have tried to order a real brekfast to see what would have happened. I can tell you one thing, the biggest complaint about my whole cruise was the room service. Whenever I called, no matter what time of day, I had to wait, on average 15 minutes on hold. I had to put the phone on speaker and lay down while I waited for them to answer. Then they always said it would be about 45 minutes until they got out there. I've never experienced that before on any other cruise line. It was much quicker for me to just slip up to the buffet and get a quick snack. Everyone we talked to on the ship ran into the same problem. I really hope they improve upon this. Has anyone that has been on Crown after the maiden voyage experienced problems with room service?

When we were on the Grand a couple of years ago we ordered just about anything we wanted for breakfast that wasn't on the menu. Just added it to the menu card and left it on the door. I think i'll give a try when we sail on the Crown this coming March. All they can say is no or arrive with a delicious hot breakfast ..... that we can enjoy on our balcony while enjoying the view of the Caribbean!!

Cyndee

Just got back from the Crown and we were definitly limited to what the room service menu offered. Never really used it for anything other than a pot of coffee every morning. Which in my opinion is a must. They serve the best coffee on the ship. Took about 5 minutes to come and enjoyed it on my balcony while my DH and DS got ready to go for breakfast.

Ginny - are you saying the room service coffee is better than the coffee in the am buffet?

By the way thank you for your indepth informative comments on your cruise. Hopefully someone from Princess reads these boards and can take some of the negs and turn them quickly around !

Your welcome. Room Service coffee was the best on the ship. AM buffet was a hit and miss on their coffee. Sometimes just too strong, almost a burnt coffee taste but other times delicious. Guess it matters how long it sat there!

Well, if your definition of "the best coffee" is the same as ours, this is great news! Thanks, ginny...;)

They serve the best coffee on the ship. Took about 5 minutes to come and enjoyed it on my balcony while my DH and DS got ready to go for breakfast.

Archived