Need input on how to get right location with priceline??

RN7997

We will be traveling May 2007 to Miami 1 night precrusie prior to our freedom sailing. I am going with a group, so far 8 couples, maybe more till then. What I need to kmow is when booking with priceline how can I get exactly where I want to be. We want to be right in the heart of SOBE somewhere. Can I bid for 8 or more rooms at one time???

I bid last year for SOBE/miami beach and got the Holiday Inn SOBE. It was too far out from the action area. We had to drive everywhere.

Any suggestions or reccomendations for hotels. Oh ya here is the real kicker. We would like to get a room for under $100 per night.

TIA

Click on the a map of the South Beach zone at Priceline's website. At least that will give you the boundaries for how large (or small) the zone is. Since I assume a Holiday Inn would be a 3 star property w/Priceline, maybe you want to try bidding 4 stars this time in hopes of getting a hotel that's a little more in line with the culture of South Beach? That is, if that's what you're looking for.

You can book up to a maximum of 4 rooms per Priceline bid. If it were me, I'd make two, immediate back-to-back bids of 4 rooms per bid if I needed 8 rooms total. While there is no guarantee both bids will give you the same hotel, my guess is the closer in time your bids are to one another, the greater you chances of success in landing the same hotel.

Also, if location within the South Beach zone is important to you, you might want to consider Hotwire. There is good Hotwire information at www.betterbidding.com . With a little bit of study, you can unmask the identity of many Hotwire hotels, something that may be helpful to you given the fact you'd like to be in the heart of SOBE.

Lastly, since your stay is 10 months out, don't get discouraged if you're not successful right away with Priceline. Often times, hotels don't allocate inventory to Priceline this far out, hoping instead they will fill the hotel at regular price levels. Also, keep in mind Priceline purchases are nonrefundable. I use Priceline often for pre and post cruise stays, however I normally wait until I've made my final payment on the cruise before I make hotel arrangements.

Best of luck with this!

i too have been trying a 4* in miami but turned down, i travel 4/07... I did wonder whether or not PL gets allocation of rooms and im bidding too early, however, waiting 3 months prior to cruise (final payment) scares me. i want the interconntenental, but it over 400 for my time frame

Why would Intercontinental or any other hotel give inventory to Priceline now for April without first trying to sell it for top dollar themselves. PL will only get inventory when the hotel makes a determination that they cannot or will not sell it themselves and less money is better than no money.

I agree that a year out is waaaaaayyyy too early for PL.

Another alternative to PL and Hotwire is easyclicktravel. Their 5* Miami DT is usually Intercontinental if someone is looking for that hotel specifically.

thanks, thats the answer i was looking for. now, what is your recommendations about lodding in miami prior to cruise... would you do your hotel res. now, or wait 2 or 3 months before you sail to book via PL.. I have never done this and fear if i wait , no rooms for me.. dont they sell out fast, or are there 100's of places and i should not be concerned?

i too have been trying a 4* in miami but turned down, i travel 4/07... I did wonder whether or not PL gets allocation of rooms and im bidding too early, however, waiting 3 months prior to cruise (final payment) scares me. i want the interconntenental, but it over 400 for my time frame

It isn't too early for priceline, it is Easter Week. If any hotels do release any rooms to priceline for those dates, it will not be until the last minute.

Book a cancellable reservation now and also start trying PL. If you get the price you want then cancel the initial res. Also, as it gets closer if you're not having any luck with Priceline you can also check Hotwire and easyclick every few days. Those will be a little higher than what you might have gotten on PL but will be lower than anything you book direct. HTH!

Archived