Princess Pre-cruise a good deal?

tango223

I'm need some advice whether to use the pre-cruise deal for $59/person from Princess ..3 people so $177 for 1 night for 2 rooms. It says that it includes transfers. Not sure if it is transfer from the airport (LAX) to the hotel only or includes the hotel to the ship. The hotel is Marriott at the airport.

Or are we better off trying to get a hotel deal through priceline and pay for cabs to the hotel and to the ship. It seems to me that the Princess deal is a better price, but was wondering if there is a catch.

Also confused as to what pier the Princess ship departs from. Is it better to spend the $$ to fly into Long Beach (about $100/person more)?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

$177 for 2 rooms sounds pretty reasonable if it includes the transfers to Long Beach or San Pedro. Keep in mind that if you do book your own arrangements ... most of the hotels around the airport provide free shuttle service.

As for flying into Long Beach ... it is definitely closer to both LA ports (Long Beach & San Pedro). But if that's a $100 pp difference in airfare ... I'd probably go with the LAX flight and take Super Shuttle to the port (or use the pre-cruise / transfer arrangements that you mentioned). You didn't say where you are flying from ... but if it is a city served by JetBlue you might want to check their fares. They are generally cheaper than the major airlines and their hub is in Long Beach.

Thank you for your advice !! We will be flying out of Newark NJ....and Jet Blue from there doesn't go to Long Beach. We would have to go from JFK and would think parking is very expensive there For Newark, we are about a $35 cab ride.

Archived