12/9 Summit Hawaii Itinerary Change?

Coolcruise02

We received an email from a TA stating a new itinerary for the 10/28 and 12/9 Summit Hawaii. Apparently "cruising the Napali coast" has been replaced with overnite in Honolulu.

Itinerary is: LA, Hilo, Maui, Honolulu (overnight) , Kona, LA)

Nothing has been changed on Celebrity web site. Has anyone heard anything on this?

I'm also on the 12/9 cruise on the Summit to Hawaii and I haven't heard anything about the overnight in Honolulu.

My TA sent me the new itin when they changed it to cruising the coast. Hummm....I'll have to send my TA an email and ask her. She always sends me the new itinerary from Celebrity when something changes. Maybe I'll hear this week.

I was very disappointed that we could not go to Kauai, but it did not make me want to cancel this cruise. I guess an overnight in Honolulu would be nice.

I'll let you know what I find out.

The Celebrity website is not up to date, but eventually it will show up on it.

Yes I guess we did. We received a $50.00 check from TA shortly after we booked with no explanation so I assume that was what it was for.

Look forward to hearing anything you are able to find out concerning the dates and times if things have changed.

Looks like this is true - we are on 28 Oct sailing and when I log in to look at my booking the itinerary is changed to Honolulu 10 am 4 Nov to 6pm 5 Nov. Very disappointed we are not even getting to cruise round the coat at Na Pali but little we can do about that - too far to come back and too late to cancel the flights and other plans so tell me folks - I wanna make the best of this change what are the benefits of this extra time in Honolulu - we dont like shopping by the way :) What will I be able to do now that I could not do when I was there from 7-10 (we already had a trip to Pearl Harbour booked by the way)

I checked - it affects the 12/23 cruise also. I called my TA - they haven't even contacted her yet. I let her know. Did your TA have anything for you for this itenerary change or just the first port cancellation?

It's actually okay with us as we have a lot to do on Honolulu but it changes all my rental car plans.

Thanks for the infoomation. I appreciated the heads up.

Desiree

I checked - it affects the 12/23 cruise also. I called my TA - they haven't even contacted her yet. I let her know. Did your TA have anything for you for this itenerary change or just the first port cancellation?

It's actually okay with us as we have a lot to do on Honolulu but it changes all my rental car plans.

Thanks for the information. I appreciated the heads up.

Desiree

Thanks for the information. I appreciated the heads up.

Desiree

Hi,

I'm on the Dec 09 Summit Hawaii cruise also. I just looked at the Itinerary Calendar in My Celebrity and it has changed to overnight in Honolulu. I'm not sure what to do with the extra time in Hono either. Oh well, I have 5 months to figure it out!

Lori

If it were me, I’d rent a car and drive around to the North Shore. I believe that they hold a lot of surfing tournaments on the North Shore in the winter. I did a quick Google and I see that they are having the Rip Curl Pro Pipeline Masters at Banzai Pipeline, Oahu from December 8 – 20 2006. We did a one way Hawaiian cruise in 2003 and spent a couple of days post cruise in Honolulu. We saw the Arizona memorial and drove the coast, but never made it to the North Shore. We will definitely do that the next time we’re on Oahu. Enjoy!

We were on the 14 night LA-Hawaii return in March and were fortunate to have Paki Allen, "Hawaiian Ambassador", on board. He provided excellent advice on ports and conducted lei making classes. On his advice we took the city bus in Honolulu (we did the Arizona Memorial last trip) to the north shore to see the Banzai Pipeline and on our return visited the Dole Pineapple Plantation where they have to-die-for pineapple soft serve ice cream. The city bus can take you on a complete tour around the island but we found the seats very uncomfortable and wouldn't venture further than the north shore again. If you're interested in pictures:

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sengamilne/my_photos

Now I can say I've been there, however wouldn't go back.

Pearl Harbor Memorial is a must if you are a history buff, or simply Patriotic.

Dole Pineapple plant is interesting, as someone said, GREAT pineapple ice cream, but like any tourist operation it is over priced. The pineapple wine they carry is imported from Washington state. The souvenirs are mainly from china and taiwan.HOEWVER, The giant MAZE is a lot of fun. Be prepared to get lost, and don't cheat. Also, there are usually local craftsmen selling their ware in a small makeshift fleamarket area.

Other than that Pineapples are like $12.00 EACH to ship home.

For those a little more adenturous, HAWAIIAN FIRE surfing is a WONDERFUL experience. Off duty firefighters teach you how to surf. Its fun and safe. Just book early as the classes are VERY small and run only twice per day.

Downtown Honolulu is a giant shopping mall. There are many restaurants that push 'Maine Lobster, and New York Steak'...It really hard to find Traditional Hawaiian fare. Waikiki beach is a water sports nightmare. Too many people doing too many different things. We sat at Starbucks across the street and watched the surfers run into eachother.

Sunset cruises are very beautiful and scenic, but the food is really not that great, and they pack them to the limit, As with the Luau's. It more like hearding cattle. I think they said there were over 400 people at our luau.

I think the best experience, if you are staying overnight is to rent a car one of the days and drive to the other side of the island. There you can find secluded beaches, SOME local foods and crafts. Shrimp caught cleaned and cooked for you at the side of the road. And fresh pineapple cut for you to eat along the way. Visit the Macadamia factory for free samples and a beautiful setting, and don't miss the Orchid shop on the way back. They ship to all states.

There is also a lot of night life, and the nights are the best things in Honolulu.

If you like culture, the luau at the Hawaiian village is nice and informative and fun. BUT it is owned and run by the Mormon Church, so the outfits are 'Almost' traditional as too much skin is a no no, as well as there is no alcohol at all incuding beer or wine available. This excursion is like six hours....so be prepared to buy overpriced soft drinks and water. But it is informative and good for children.

Made sure if you want a Hawaiian shirt is is MADE there. MOST of the shirts are made in korea, the Dominican republic, and Honduras. Check the labels.

Honolulu is an interesting place. But prepare yourselves for an expensive tropical tourist trap.

We actually enjoyed the other islands a lot more.

Hope that might help a few of you guys:)

Dave

Archived