Majesty or Sovereign??

I've never cruised on Majesty. I love the Sovereign.

Your choice can take into consideration:

The itinerary of each.

The departure port of each.

To read about my (mis)adventures on the Sovereign, click on the link in my signature. :)

IMHO, Go for the Soverign. I have traveled on the Majesty 4 times and it is great, but....... The Soverign has recently been revamped & upgraded. Majesty is going into drydock in January 07 for refurbishment. Also, I personally like leaving out of Pt. of Canaveral rather than Miami.

Have fun!

I would vote for Sovereign too. We've sailed both and liked both, but Sovereign is definitely fresher looking.

Also, we've sailed out of Port Canaveral twice and Miami twice, and Port Canaveral wins hands down.

However, our very first cruise was on the Majesty out of Miami -- and it was a great experience, so you really can't go wrong. :)

Have been on both and would take the SOS over the Majesty only because she has been through her revitalization. I am booked on the Majesty again in early March due to her four night itinerary. I love leaving out of Miami. Pt. Canaveral is too industrial looking for me. Not much to look at.

Thanks.

I was leaning towards SOS only because it seems to be cheaper flying into Orlando. How long does it take to get to the port. Taxi be the way to go??

I have only done one cruise, out of Miami.

Not sure what to do at Port Canaveral.

Thanks again for all you input. I seem to be reading a lot of negative stuff about the SOS. I was getting nervous.

Thanks.

I was leaning towards SOS only because it seems to be cheaper flying into Orlando. How long does it take to get to the port. Taxi be the way to go??

I have only done one cruise, out of Miami.

Not sure what to do at Port Canaveral.

Thanks again for all you input. I seem to be reading a lot of negative stuff about the SOS. I was getting nervous.

Read my stuff. :D

MCO to Port Canaveral - use a shuttle - there are lots of them. Many use Art's. We used a private driver - Ed Korgan. EKorgan2@aol.com

Not much to do in Port Canaveral. Cocoa Beach isn't a bad place to stay overnight the night before. We did. Use priceline.

The cruise terminal at Port Canaveral is GORGEOUS, EFFICIENT AND STAFFED BY THE NICEST PEOPLE.

It seems that votes go in favor of Sovereign. What about after you factor in a price difference? Majesty rates seem to be better than Sovereign (at least for the summer) If Majesty is $150 cheaper for the same 3 day cruise, would you still choose Sovereign?

Hi!

I am taking my daughter on a short cruise for her 16th birthday. This would be in early December. Which ship do you like better. Majesty or Sovereign.

Thanks.

Oh, and the good news is that EARLY December is a cheap time of year to cruise. Go for the 4 day on the Sovereign that departs on December 4th. You can do it in a category I on Deck 8 (the obstruction is not so bad - someone else can chime in and tell you which cabins on this deck are actually the least obstructed) for a total of $710 for the two of you. It's snug, but doable. :) That's less than a hundred dollars per person per day. You can't afford to stay home!

(of course, you could always go interior, but I don't personally like it.)

The same cruise in the same cabin category on the Majesty would be $663, a savings of just $47. :)

It's about an hour drive from the airport. You can rent a car from MCO and drop it off at the port. Budget has an office at Port Canaveral. We're renting a car from them in October and it's about $40. You can do the reverse after the cruise.

Archived