ncl excursion to baths

apanj

I was just wondering, I know that with the snorkel excursion to the Baths you will swim to shore with your gear. Is there a safe place to put your snorkel gear and explore the baths or should we bring the gear with us to Devil's Bay and do some snorkeling there. With all the climbing I just think that carrying the gear would be a hassle, but we would like to snorkel on the other side of the Baths. Thanks Tony

I've read alot about the NCL excursions to the Virgin Gorda baths; there are several, and I'm very concerned about the one we've booked.

The NCL booklet describes one excursion "by-land" that includes the hiking down and back up, and says you should be "energetic";) or something. I've seen posts on this one and it sounds like fun to me, but the couple we're going with would not be able to handle it.

Another "by-sea" type of excursion is described in the booklet as requiring swimming skills. I imagine this is the one I've seen in posts that talks about the 400 foot or so swim. Again, fine for me, but my wife does NOT swim (and I do mean NOT!:eek: ).

To cut to the chase, the exact excursion we booked is NCL# TOV 723, and is titled "Virgin Gorda Baths & Snorkel". For this one, the booklet does not mention anything about being able to swim OR about being "energetic". Can anyone provide information on this specific excursion?Is there any swimming required to get from the catamaran to the shore/baths? We leave on the Spirit on Saturday, so any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Thanks Jagoffee for the info about the lockers, are they near the beach or do we have to climb up near the restaurant. What I have read about the excursion is that we do have to swim maybe a couple of hundred yards to the beach, but what we found out was that ncl besides giving you snorkel gear also have a floatation or snorkel vest that will be given if the person is a weak swimmer, they do not want any accidents occurring and safety is a main concern of theirs. Tony

Thank you again, I hate to be a pain, but how was the snorkeling there, is there any specific place that you would consider the best? We are real excited about going in two and a half weeks and we are hoping for pleasant weather.

We were only in Tortola for a short period of time and took the ship excursion to the Baths. We thought it was very nice, but I was not particularly impressed with the snorkeling right at the Baths. It was not the reason that we went to the Baths. It is absolutely beautiful and well worth the visit. I suspect that the captain on your small boat can direct you to the best places to snorkel. On our next cruise we stop at Virgin Gorda one day and Tortola on a different day. On a least one of thedays we plan to spend all day on the water visiting different places to snorkel. I am sure that it will be great.

Although I have only been once, the British Virgin Island are one of my favorite. We might go back for a land vacation some day. It is one of the reasons that I picked my next cruise.

Again thank you very much for all the information you have given. We are bringing water shoes that was in a land's end catalogue and cannot wait to explore the boulders around the bath's. We were wondering (here I go again) how demanding is the climbing, my wife and I are in decent shape but I am in my mid fifties and she is in her upper forties and we do exercise, but from some of the reading on the boards, it can be difficult. Thank you very much for your help.

Again I do not want to be repetitious, but thank you all for the info. I think this will be the last question, to get to Devil's Bay we can hike through the Baths and the beach will be on the other side, is that right? Should we just bring our snorkel gear or just enjoy the beach and scenery around the Bay. I have read that it is not as crowded as the Baths could be.

Archived